• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy offshore schemes uncovered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy offshore schemes uncovered

Afternoon all,

I have been contacted this afternoon by a terribly nice lady at Radio 4 who wanted my opinions on tax avoidance - alongside this she is very keen to speak to people who have been the victim of a tax avoidance scheme and are now facing a major savaging by our friends at HMR&C - anyone who would like to put their point across please pm me and I will pass on her details
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Was it the PR4L?

A load of people in Glasgow have first hand experience and win (for the moment) under their belts I believe.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This sounds balanced......

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
        This sounds balanced......
        This is about dodgy providers. Why should it be balanced?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

.. and they are not dodgy, the are HMRC approved, running for over 20 years and have passed scrutiny by the House of Lords yadda yadda..
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry Lisa,

I can't hear you through the noise of that agenda that is hammering in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
              Sorry Lisa,

I can't hear you through the noise of that agenda that is hammering in the background.
              I think you'll find that's the noise of the stones hitting the walls of your glass house.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Play nice people...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  Afternoon all,

I have been contacted this afternoon by a terribly nice lady at Radio 4 who wanted my opinions on tax avoidance - alongside this she is very keen to speak to people who have been the victim of a tax avoidance scheme and are now facing a major savaging by our friends at HMR&C - anyone who would like to put their point across please pm me and I will pass on her details
                  Lisa, any heads up on what programme it is for? Will have to make a point of listening to it. Guess it is File on Four?
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    Lisa, any heads up on what programme it is for? Will have to make a point of listening to it. Guess it is File on Four?
                    Morning Waldorf - all I know at the moment is that it is a discussion programme that will be aired 27th December - the starting point for it was the supply teacher IOM scheme that allegedly had 20,000+ members and has now been hit by HMR&C but I think they may well widen the discussion as they were also interested in the plight of the BN66 chaps

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X