• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why why why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why why why?

Why do people think it's a good idea to send things offshore to be built where testing team think testing the system works is beyond their remit. Like expecting developers to think or comunicate with each other is beyond their remit. As well as their BAs being able to provide specifications to the detail that their developers need.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously these people seem to think they are building something for fun, not that actually there are people who want to use this system and it actually has to function in the most basic end to end sense.

Sorry had massive urge to vent. Feel better now.

If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Such decisions have nothing to do with efficiency. The decision is made by some executive in order to show cost savings. His bonus is based on cost savings. Once he gets his bonus he will bugger off to the next company and he will be far away by the time the cost saving is found to be useless. The board will not admit that they made a mistake and the whole exercise will be claimed a success.

IT these days has little to do with working efficiently and accurately. It is all to do with the pleasing the accountants, creating smoke screens to cover up inefficiencies and keeping the share price up.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well. "

problem here is when you don't do the above...... not saying it's offshore's fault but why offshore if the project is not run in appropriate way to do so?

anyway if I'd wanted a serious response I wouldn't have posted in general
        Last edited by NotSaying; 21 November 2012, 05:12. Reason: adding quote

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Such decisions have nothing to do with efficiency. The decision is made by some executive in order to show cost savings. His bonus is based on cost savings. Once he gets his bonus he will bugger off to the next company and he will be far away by the time the cost saving is found to be useless. The board will not admit that they made a mistake and the whole exercise will be claimed a success.

IT these days has little to do with working efficiently and accurately. It is all to do with the pleasing the accountants, creating smoke screens to cover up inefficiencies and keeping the share price up.
          You know nothing.

I'm on my way back to the UK this weekend to do some planning. Back to the US in December then off to India to start hiring in Jan. Cost is important but it's access to resource that's more important. 4 out of my 5 new hires will be in India.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You know nothing.

I'm on my way back to the UK this weekend to do some planning. Back to the US in December then off to India to start hiring in Jan. Cost is important but it's access to resource that's more important. 4 out of my 5 new hires will be in India.
            If you are fed up, go out to the titty bar across the road
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              If you are fed up, go out to the titty bar across the road
              I've booked this instead for Thanks Giving

THE US GRANT San Diego Hotel

Maybe there is a titty bar across the road?

Comment

Originally posted by NotSaying View Post
                Why do people think it's a good idea to send things offshore to be built where testing team think testing the system works is beyond their remit. Like expecting developers to think or comunicate with each other is beyond their remit. As well as their BAs being able to provide specifications to the detail that their developers need.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously these people seem to think they are building something for fun, not that actually there are people who want to use this system and it actually has to function in the most basic end to end sense.

Sorry had massive urge to vent. Feel better now.
                This is progress. Adapt or die
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have worked with offshore teams before and have found that the savings made offshoring the work are often negated by the time it takes them to do things correctly.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well.
                    WHS (and that pains me to say)

Problem is overview and accountability between off shore and in shore is usually too high a level where Bob just becomes a yes man to save face
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X