• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pressies for oldies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressies for oldies

The thing I find most stressful about the whole Christmas thing is trying to find the right presents for people, particularly the parents - my mum and the in-laws.

They're all around the 80 mark. None of them drink.

Ideas? What are you buying your oldies this year? Anything from £15-£50 is good.

Toyota GT 86s seem to be popular.

Comment

We've all agreed not to bother this year, am so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        Toyota GT 86s seem to be popular.
        +1

Seriously if they are still mobile national trust membership?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          +1

Seriously if they are still mobile national trust membership?
          Mine's not mobile. She's disabled, and pretty much restricted to where she can get to on her mobility scooter. In laws are already members I think - but I will check, it's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            The thing I find most stressful about the whole Christmas thing is trying to find the right presents for people, particularly the parents - my mum and the in-laws.

They're all around the 80 mark. None of them drink.

Ideas? What are you buying your oldies this year? Anything from £15-£50 is good.
            My parents, not quite that old, have requested some of those speakers that you can slip under the pillow. Also we are doing calendars with pics of the kids n stuff. Sometimes the oldies appreciate if you have taken time to 'craft' something even if it's tulip.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Mine's not mobile. She's disabled, and pretty much restricted to where she can get to on her mobility scooter.
              New alloys for the scooter?

Comment

Mine's not mobile. She's disabled, and pretty much restricted to where she can get to on her mobility scooter. In laws are already members I think - but I will check, it's a good idea.
                Has she got a Kindle. My 90 year old (and near blind) Gran swears by hers.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

For relatives we like: we go for experiences: big sale on last min.com stuff like that

For relatives we dont like we adopt a goat in the third world on their behalf - they get a certificate and everything

The year my nan got my mum Ttowels for xmas was this turning point .....

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X