• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed'

This is the full email that retired Royal Navy officer Nick Crews sent to his son and two daughters in February expressing his and his wife's disappointment in them.
    'I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed': retired naval officer's email to children in full - Telegraph

Its long but worth a read and a chuckle and how much of a prick the father is, I don't care if my kids are successful, I have been in a well paid job and miserable, I have been next to broke and happy, as long as they can say they are happy I will help out to my dying day, just as my parents have/would do for me

Imagine what MF's parents would say to him as she looks on the scene of piled up unsold sledges?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    'I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed': retired naval officer's email to children in full - Telegraph

Its long but worth a read and a chuckle and how much of a prick the father is, I don't care if my kids are successful, I have been in a well paid job and miserable, I have been next to broke and happy, as long as they can say they are happy I will help out to my dying day, just as my parents have/would do for me

Imagine what MF's parents would say to him as she looks on the scene of piled up unsold sledges?
    We are constantly regaled with chapter and verse of the happy, successful lives of the families of our friends and relatives and being asked of news of our own children and grandchildren.
    Has it not occurred to this apparently intelligent man that his friends might be bulltulipting or at best, dressing up the truth as people do?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Has it not occurred to this apparently intelligent man that his friends might be bulltulipting or at best, dressing up the truth as people do?
      Are you saying that all you read on the internet isn't necessarily the truth?!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Are you saying that all you read on the internet isn't necessarily the truth?!
        Just gently suggesting something along those lines, yes.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Just gently suggesting something along those lines, yes.
          So you wouldn't do anything in a skirt and with a pulse?

Comment

If his children are failing to support themselves and are making the lives of their own children a misery then he has a point and he has put it well......

The dysfunctionality of his children may be down to him and his wife but that is not his point.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So you wouldn't do anything in a skirt and with a pulse?
              Pulse is optional.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                If his children are failing to support themselves and are making the lives of their own children a misery then he has a point and he has put it well......

The dysfunctionality of his children may be down to him and his wife but that is not his point.
                What your poor old dad must think.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  What your poor old dad must think.
                  he is not around to care
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He sounds like a fairly domineering type frustrated that his kids understandably aren't willing to let him organise their whole lives for them (although it sounds like he'd do a better job of it than them, and if they're cadging money then he's entitled to a say in how they spend it!)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X