• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That bint whats in debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bint whats in debt

From her article on bbc news online

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5075122.stm

We go into the reason for my cash crisis; namely, the early termination of my freelance contract when I revealed to my employer that I was pregnant.

I have spoken to Equal Opportunities Commission over whether this was a breach of sex discrimination law and I am due to see a lawyer at Citizens Advice. I am considering taking my former employer to tribunal.
    Does this mean she's taking herself to court??
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 22 June 2006, 20:14.
    Coffee's for closers

Classic. You can see the inland revenue vultures waiting to pick at the corpse there.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      Classic. You can see the inland revenue vultures waiting to pick at the corpse there.
      Surely inland revenue would be first in the queue were she to declare herself bankrupt?

Who's going to email the link to the tax office?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Wonderful

I hope they nail her to the wall, she's exactly the kind of asshole that gives real contractors (oh, come on there must be some of us on here!) a bad name. In fact she's almost a pantomime contractor, you could almost believe she's a stooge for the IR, couldn't you?
        Why not?

Comment

Soon after, my contract came abruptly to an end. I managed to find another temporary job, but when I told them that I was pregnant they gave me my one month notice.

I considered selling my buy-to-let properties, but they are mortgaged up to the hilt and doing the sums I found I would lose money rather than make it.

I realise how my original financial budget had not considered putting money aside for things like car servicing, MOT, central heating repairs and washing machine failures.

I call my ex-employer and they promise to forward the money to me by 15 June.

I have spoken to Equal Opportunities Commission over whether this was a breach of sex discrimination law and I am due to see a lawyer at Citizens Advice. I am considering taking my former employer to tribunal.

Basically, I feel I am being punished just because I wanted to have more children and needed to take a maternity break.

All so wrong, wrong, wrong....!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Project Manager?

Lets hope she isnt/wasnt an IT Project Manager. With the kind of planning skills she has demonstrated with her financial arrangements she couldn't plan the proverbial p*** up in a brewery.

Bottom line is that she's got herself into an uncomfortable hole through bad financial planning. It's her own fault, no-one elses. Why the hell should she expect others to bail her out? Solution: Sell the buy-to-lets, sell her own home and trade down to a smaller property. Just because she's asset rich and cash poor doesn't give her the right to not pay her dues. Sure, she won't like that but she should have thought about that before.

Comment

'Sayara Beg'

She likes to call herself 'a consultant', but refers to the client as 'her employer'.

"I am considering taking my former employer to tribunal."

Oh FFS what a thick, naive and stupid, incredibly mind-bogglingly stupid cow.

As others have stated here she is the type of contractor that gives contracting a bad name.

This is probably the only example I can think of where I would applaud the 'Inland Revenue picking the bones of her corpse'; as TheMonkey so eloquently describes.
              Last edited by BobTheCrate; 23 June 2006, 11:58.

Comment

There is the possibility here that the BBC is simply misreporting her as a contractor. I mean, its not as if the BBC hasnt made a simple mistake like this in the past

Mailman

Comment

I think it is more likely that she is the sort of person who likes the title of consultant but sees the client as her boss. Basically she is totally IR35 fodder and it is clowns like this who caused IR35 to be brought in.

FFS she gets herself knocked up and then expects her client to stump up for it. If she wants maternaty pay then get a permie job.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Has the silly cow sold her restaurant yet...oh, silly me, why should she do that...I mean its not like any of this is her fault!!

She wound me up a few weeks ago and I can't believe this has reared its ugly head once again...I hate the woman...

Her friend had to have an abortion because she couldn't afford a baby...get a grip...she probably didn't want to sell the Ferrari and couldn't afford to add a Range Rover to her fleet to put the baby's buggy in...

Can't feel sorry for people like this...I despise her sort with a passion...

Comment

Working...
                    X