• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As the depression bites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the depression bites

Land of the free.

Feeding the homeless banned.
    Me, me, me...

C'mom, there is a band of junkies and Roma I have to walk past on my 300 yard walk from station to client co.

Am I depriving food when I walk past.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      C'mom, there is a band of junkies and Roma I have to walk past on my 300 yard walk from station to client co.

Am I depriving food when I walk past.
      Not all homeless are junkies or gypsies.

Tar everyone with the same brush in order to pass a prohibitive law that impeaches on citizens freedoms?

But then again, perhaps you like living in an Orwellian state.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Shirley that is unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Not all homeless are junkies or gypsies.

Tar everyone with the same brush in order to pass a prohibitive law that impeaches on citizens freedoms?

But then again, perhaps you like living in an Orwellian state.

Freedom is right we are all given and we have in this country, freedoms is a word that is banded about when my wallet is expected to come out.

Now "Orwellian state", Marx described a state under Marxism as his ideal so people could ascribe to a Marxist state, that was his point, Orwell was novelist and wrote books, some of them about lower middle class life, some of them about the future and some of them about politics. To use the term "Orwellian state" shows a low level understating of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            Ostensibly it's a health and safety issue - they don't want those poor homeless people getting poisoned by those albeit well meaning folks who don't have the requisite training and certificates.

The reality is perhaps that they don't want their cities blighted by those same poor homeless people.

Comment

Pretty sure the Bible has a fair bit to say on the subject.

God bless America.

Comment

What depression? We are just flatlining. States are doing slightly better.

However the States has always had an underclass. Almost nothing exists like it here. In a country to a million millionaires too.

They need to create more jobs. But then don't we all.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  The only thing unconstitutional in the states is not owning a gun.

Comment

Shocking. It would never happen here; oh no - you'd never get soup runs banned in Westminster.

Comment

Working...
                    X