• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Counter Offer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter Offer...

Got an offer 40 miles away from home, but on an easy fast road. 40 Mins commute I reckon. Role is Test Manager for the firm.

Got a counter offer from a firm 10 minutes walk from home, an increase to the point that the money is more than their quality manager salary who interviewed me, in exchange from increasing the scope of the role from test analyst to become a hybrid BA role. Which I am comfortable with as i have worked closely with BA's and covered off a lot of the BA role in my 15 years or so in the industry.

Sounds like a no brainer which role to take.

However, the local role is finding its feet a lot, unlike the 40 miles role which is a more stable firm with clear direction with what my role will be.

Do you think that a role offering a significant counter offer is more likely to feel that they own you?

Need to decide rapidly.

I assumed this was that you've secured a role in Cheshire's premier retail outlet working on the deli counter at Morrisons
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes.....wait....no.

Doesn't matter, that's based on my circumstances.

What answer do you want to hear?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        Yes.....wait....no.

Doesn't matter, that's based on my circumstances.

What answer do you want to hear?
        I want to split myself and get both - dual money, easy sorted life

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          I want to split myself and get both - dual money, easy sorted life
          That 40 mile commute is 2 additional hours a day go for the local one and make it your own.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The agent was a little sneaky though, did not tell the client what my last salary was, hence they offered me a good market rate for a good tester. However, now they know the full story, they are trying to adapt the role to get me into a suitable bracket to take me on.

Nice to feel wanted.

Now, just need to sort myself out a good woman before I reach 40 and give up on life......

Comment

Need to call the agent back now, but have not decided.

40 miles job, I will be able to own it and be the top dog.

Local job, I will be owned.

Flip a coin time....

Comment

Sorted, apart from the job title

The local firm 10 mins walk away have maxed what they can give me, which is the same money the Quality Manager is on. Just 2K less than the 40 mile commute role, which is not worth worrying about I think.

The job will be a hybrid of testing and BA work.

Any thoughts on what I should be called? Given that the agent put me for a bog standard testing role, and they are upping their offering for my skillset, we need to have a senior sounding title that will not ruffle management feathers....

Comment

Tester With Auxiliary Tasks....you could of course shorten this
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    Tester With Auxiliary Tasks....you could of course shorten this
                    Yep, has been shortened pretty much along the lines of tester.

Going for broke and asking for a good title for the role - this will be a real deal breaker for me, and also test out how flexible they are before joining.......

Comment

Working...
                    X