• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A pleasant surprise from NTL for a change!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pleasant surprise from NTL for a change!

My god, NTL did something right. My 2Mbit line got upgraded to 4Mbit for FREE without asking and without them cocking up the billing!

Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Apparently though if you opt for the £30 tv/phone/broadband deal your broadband will be downgraded to 1MB as they apparently cannot supply a faster connection speed on that deal.

The manager where I am was going to take them up on the deal until he found out about it. Only to say in the next breath that he couldn't tell the difference between a 1MB and a 4MB connection.

<sigh>

Comment

Just mind where you put yer feet next time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
        Apparently though if you opt for the £30 tv/phone/broadband deal your broadband will be downgraded to 1MB as they apparently cannot supply a faster connection speed on that deal.

The manager where I am was going to take them up on the deal until he found out about it. Only to say in the next breath that he couldn't tell the difference between a 1MB and a 4MB connection.

<sigh>
        Yeah they only do 2Mb+ if you have a Samsung STB or a cable modem, which they don't give you usually. We're on the £50/month TV/phone/broadband deal which is actually quite nice

Btw Hypnotoad. Anyone got a wav of that? That sound is incredible

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          Btw Hypnotoad. Anyone got a wav of that? That sound is incredible
          Found an MP3, if you're happy to convert it?
          http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedi...Sounds/4ACV06/
          Item no3.
          Enjoy!

Comment

Coz I'm nice I chopped out the chat in that MP3 and converted it to wav for those that want it.

Download from here if you so desire.

Comment

What's good in faster access speed if you got ridiculous traffic limit?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                What's good in faster access speed if you got ridiculous traffic limit?
                I've hit 78Gb down in a month on NTL before and I haven't had a restriction or cut off yet! Bring on the torrents!

Ladymuck: Ta very much for the hypnotoad. It is now my ring tone!

Comment

I hit 75 GB in 3 days... 100% legit traffic too, business broadband line #1.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I hit 75 GB in 3 days... 100% legit traffic too, business broadband line #1.
                    Legitimate traffic is no fun. I manage about 200Mb a day legitimate.

Comment

Working...
                    X