• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

generazione 1000 euros

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generazione 1000 euros

thinking that it contracting sucks ?
    89% of italians aged 18-25 make less than 1000 euros a month, and 65% of 25-34

http://www.generazione1000.com/pressmedia.htm

what's that in real money?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      what's that in real money?
      About the average daily rate of UK contractors
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
        About the average daily rate of UK contractors
        What would you say is the 'average daily rate for UK contractors'?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          What would you say is the 'average daily rate for UK contractors'?
          4 camels & 3 chickens
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

rates stats

take a look here IT permy / contract rates
            whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

.Net

Average max hourly rate 32.85

snigger

Comment

So do you think I am here for the food and the weather?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Back in 2003 I had to accept a 3-month contract in Rome for a PLC company. I had to cut my pay from a 50 quid an hour London contract to 20 euros an hour. What I was surprised of is the quality of people. Most of them they were experts in several technologies, they knew Unix,Windows, Application Servers, programming in several languages, and so on... and most of them had 5 years degrees. Most projects failed because of the extremely poor organisational skills of the italian managers but the quality of the lower end workers was very high. They could happily go for a 500-600quid a day contract in the city (ok for some of them language is an issue). All of them working for a little more than a 1000 euros a month and not even complaining about that. Of course, they couldn't survive on this salary but they could count of their parents/grandparents wealth who in the majority of the cases paid them a full house to live on. Fear that you have plenty of competition within the EU should the economy get worse in Italy.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                  X