• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ICT Visa route news in parliament today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICT Visa route news in parliament today

Oh dear the government has further widened the floodgates of the intra company transfer visa entry route allowing the Indian outsourcing movement to destroy UK jobs and intellectual property ever more!

Apparently because Cameron’s “business advisory” committee told him to! That’ll be the committee with Mr Tata on it who owns one of those self same Indian outsourcing companies and the same committee which has no UK national IT leaders on it

I will be voting UKIP. I urge everyone to do the same. LibLabCon are all puppets of the global elite (banks, huge multinationals, etc).

Comment

Paid over £150,000 can extend to 9 years on ICT. - Good (high earners wanted)

Can spend > 180 days out of UK without affecting citizenship. - Bad why pay tax.

Can't convert from student - good

what I would have like to have seen.

Minimum qualifying wage (after accommodation etc expenses) must be in top 10% of earners. Tax paid in UK, no exceptions.

suitable CRB & checking when dealing with data.

Disconnect between sponsor & visa (maybe 3 month amnesty to find new job?)
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Oh dear the government has further widened the floodgates of the intra company transfer visa entry route allowing the Indian outsourcing movement to destroy UK jobs and intellectual property ever more!
        It's a bit dull when you just post news, can't you give your opinion on the subject?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I will be voting UKIP. I urge everyone to do the same. LibLabCon are all puppets of the global elite (banks, huge multinationals, etc).
          WHS, now a UKIP voter.

I don't expect them to take any seats but if there is a 5->10% vote for UKIP in every area then the tories will be changing their policies feckin quickly.

Had enough of IT, this will be my last contract, had enough of bobs and their tulipey code, annoying communication skills and updations.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            had enough of bobs and their tulipey code, annoying communication skills and updations.
            Have you never come across Bob PMs then? - at least with coders you can keep them isolated from the client
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Have you never come across Bob PMs then? - at least with coders you can keep them isolated from the client
              *shudder*

Comment

The UK is rapidly becoming the toss donkey capital of the universe.
                Why the **** did I come back here. Stupidest thing I ever did.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think a political party who exist pretty much for a single, negative, policy is rather pointless.

"We're out of the E.U. Now what?"
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    "We're out of the E.U. Now what?"

Comment

Working...
                    X