• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Extension Paperwork/IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Extension Paperwork/IR35

This evening I've been given the paperwork for a (very) short term 2 week contract extension, starting on Monday. The paperwork from the agency literally consists of a sheet of A4 which consists of sections relating to contractor details, assignment details and rate details. Although the previous contract I signed was as one would expect which was reviewed for IR35 compliance etc, this one just doesn't look right.

There is no mention of a linked contract (or preceding contract?) so how do I know what terms and conditions the contract is bound by? Would signing a contract like this be bad from an IR35 perspective?

Although I accept this isn't much information to go on, surely it should really be a "proper" contract even if only for 2 weeks work?

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
    This evening I've been given the paperwork for a (very) short term 2 week contract extension, starting on Monday. The paperwork from the agency literally consists of a sheet of A4 which consists of sections relating to contractor details, assignment details and rate details. Although the previous contract I signed was as one would expect which was reviewed for IR35 compliance etc, this one just doesn't look right.

There is no mention of a linked contract (or preceding contract?) so how do I know what terms and conditions the contract is bound by? Would signing a contract like this be bad from an IR35 perspective?

Although I accept this isn't much information to go on, surely it should really be a "proper" contract even if only for 2 weeks work?
    Isn't it just the contract schedule with the dates on? The same terms would apply as before.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      Isn't it just the contract schedule with the dates on? The same terms would apply as before.
      The person who put the document together has put in a footer stating "Schedule 1: Assignment Details for Contract for Services Between X & MyCo Limited". Otherwise there is nothing else stating it is a schedule as such.

I'm just a little surprised as with previous clients/agencies I've always been given a completely new contract whenever an extension has been offered although accept in this instance because they are only talking a couple of weeks maybe it is different?

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post

I'm just a little surprised as with previous clients/agencies I've always been given a completely new contract whenever an extension has been offered although accept in this instance because they are only talking a couple of weeks maybe it is different?
        My contracts always have a "master" agreement, with schedules describing the deliverables/timescales.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X