• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cover versions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover versions

Spin off from the singing ladies thread. I just found this.

Which I enjoyed, so I thought I'd share.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Has to be the Devo version of Satisfaction for me.

I recently read an account by Mark Mothersbaugh of Mick Jagger's reaction on hearing their version of his song.

He stood motionless in front of a fireplace with his back turned to the rest of the room as the record played.

Then, when the song finished, he suddenly span around, jabbing his finger at the assembled company and announced "I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT, YES I DO!"

What a moment

Comment

Zharrt's Covers #LeedsPlaylist - YouTube
      Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

I always liked the Lulu cover of Man Who Sold The World.

I think I was influenced by her hat in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Spin off from the singing ladies thread. I just found this.

Which I enjoyed, so I thought I'd share.
          So cool, PJ Harvey is playing a 7 string. Love that bottom end.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Morning DS, long time no see.

I also have a very rare cover of that song by a band called Here and Now on their Fantasy Shift album.

Only 3000 copies made apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
              Morning DS, long time no see.

I also have a very rare cover of that song by a band called Here and Now on their Fantasy Shift album.

Only 3000 copies made apparently.
              Hello Malc, I've been busy working, visiting local hostelries (sp?), and my other activities. The new landlords at the Village Swan in Ivinghoe Aston have done the place up and the restaurant is now doing cracking business. You can hardly get in the place for Christmas artifacts, a bit early I thought but such is the way these days. And the thousands of fairy lights - they were complaining that their electricity supply kept tripping out without being able to put their finger on the reason why!

Getting back to the topic, I must confess I've not heard of that version. Do you think it's worth a few bob? As an aside, it's an interesting song, I sometimes wonder what it's about, if anything. I also wonder who the song Mr Raffles was about, performed by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I thought the Nirvana version was the original until I heard Bowie playing it at the Isle of Wight Festival.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

My two favourite covers

"Into the Groove(y)" by Ciccone Youth (Sonic Youth/Mike Watt) - YouTube

Magazine - Goldfinger - YouTube

And Devo's Satisfaction, of course.
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Twist and Shout was the big cover version, gave the beatles a credence in America after the Isley brothers version.

The Isley brother have a fantastic cover version album called "givin' it back"

The housemartins covered caravan of love and I cannot complete the loop back to the beatles.

Comment

Working...
                    X