• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

InTouch Accounting Service Decline?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InTouch Accounting Service Decline?

Hi all

I joined Intouch Accounting this month and all was going swimmingly until this last week where I don't seem to be getting a response. 5 days and I'm still waiting for them to answer an email?

Anyone else seeing the same drop in service?

UPDATE 23/11/12

Craig has explained and answered all open queries.
    This post seems to have upset a few people. Slating intouch was not my intention. I only wanted reassurances they were a good as they had been to date.
    Last edited by Cjackson; 23 November 2012, 20:33.

Don't use them but they seem to have grown from nothing in the past year. They do seem to be recruiting though!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Hi Cjackson,

You can ping me a quick line or call me if you have any outstanding queries. We're just heading into what is a busy (and fun ) period for us accountants as we try and wrap up personal tax returns amongst other things at this time of the year. I'll drop you a separate note to explain the delay in what is an unusual blip in service from us.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Cjackson View Post
        Hi all

I joined Intouch Accounting this month and all was going swimmingly until this last week where I don't seem to be getting a response. 5 days and I'm still waiting for them to answer an email?

Anyone else seeing the same drop in service?
        You can't send one mail that doesn't get replied to and start slating the whole service. There a ton of reasons that mail might not have gotten there, might not have gotten read, might not have gotten answered and might not have arrived back in your inbox. I hardly think picking up the phone or sending a second mail is too much hard work before you start slating a companies service on a public forum.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What NLUK said. Telephones might be old, but they're still extremely useful you know. Especially when Craig gives you the details behind the current blip, which is perfectly understandable in my view.

OT: I saw one guy trying to get customer service from his (and my) bank via their Twitter feed recently. I wanted to hurt him so badly.

Comment

Hi Cjackson,

I've been with them for a while and found the service to be top notch. You need to cut them some slack at the moment, as there's a good explanation. Try calling them, and remember they're a fairly small company, which has both advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
              OT: I saw one guy trying to get customer service from his (and my) bank via their Twitter feed recently. I wanted to hurt him so badly.
              You often get better service when you do this.

Big companies are quite on the ball with regards to social media and want to be seen to be responsive to issues that you've made public.

Check out the Twitter accounts of most big phone, utility, train companies for examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
                You often get better service when you do this.

Big companies are quite on the ball with regards to social media and want to be seen to be responsive to issues that you've made public.

Check out the Twitter accounts of most big phone, utility, train companies for examples.
                You gotta be careful and make sure you are exactly right if you are going to take to public forums to air your problems. We have had a number of cases on here where someone has complained about some umbrellas and despite the umbrella trying to deal with it privately the poster kept posting so the umbrella posted their side and the guy ended up looking like a right idiot. Going public does have it's consequences.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                  What NLUK said. Telephones might be old, but they're still extremely useful you know. Especially when Craig gives you the details behind the current blip, which is perfectly understandable in my view.

Disagree with you about the bank thing. If something goes wrong with my bank, I dont want to spend 30 mins in a queue waiting to speak to some useless bellend who wont care about my complaint anyway.

I've found that twitter seems to focus attention somewhat of most companies.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Disagree with you about the bank thing. If something goes wrong with my bank, I dont want to spend 30 mins in a queue waiting to speak to some useless bellend who wont care about my complaint anyway.

I've found that twitter seems to focus attention somewhat of most companies.
                    you have to wait and deal with your bank!!! Change to first direct and everything can be done by phone up to 9pm (including a Mortgage application which took 1 10 minute phone call and 1 set of signatures).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X