• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time

Just watched QT, not sure which one I wanted to punch more, the pr1ck called Owen something or Ed Balls wife
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Haven't watched it in ages. Has the effect of making me want to put my foot through the screen.

Comment

Labour generally don't do themselves any favour going on QT. Apart from Harman they all just spout the same selected statistics and one liners and seem void of reasonable arguments. The kid with the wonky mouth has always come across well in the past but seemed the take his literal position and make that his political one as well.

IDS FTW

Comment

I never remember what day QT is on, but I'm usually out until late of a Thursday so I'd miss it anyway. I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing, given the effect it has on Malc.

So what did they have a chat about last night then?

Was it the EU budget, votes for prisoners and Rafael Benitez? Did they conclude that the Tories were at fault for all three?

Comment

I only caught the end which was about putting a cap of 26k on benefits. Apparently that isn't enough, is victimising the poor and is creating a 2 tier society.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I never remember what day QT is on, but I'm usually out until late of a Thursday so I'd miss it anyway. I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing, given the effect it has on Malc.

So what did they have a chat about last night then?

Was it the EU budget, votes for prisoners and Rafael Benitez? Did they conclude that the Tories were at fault for all three?
            Did you mean to post that as Gricer?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
              I only caught the end which was about putting a cap of 26k on benefits. Apparently that isn't enough, is victimising the poor and is creating a 2 tier society.
              It is entirely desirable that we have a society of several tiers and it is not about victimising the poor (a good old leftie soundbite -). It is about spending tax payers money to stimulate the entire economy and way of life of the British people. The poor do not deserve the appalling services that they receive in terms of education and everything else. The poor are badly served by affluent lefties who extol the virtues of public services and shower public sector workers with cast iron pensions and job protection laws.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  No. I was referring to Malc's earlier post on the topic.

Which leads me to ask - why watch it if it always annoys everyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X