• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody social workers again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody social workers again...

Couple have their 3 foster children taken away on the grounds that their support for UKIP makes them racist.

Link

Words fail me, they really do.

Absolute outrage.

The bro is a social worker, or was, he retired the other week at 50 on 22 grand a year index linked.

"I have paid into my pension and I will get it all back, what I paid in"

25 years education, 25 years working and 25 years retirement assuming he will see out his natural expected life. He does not understand that you cannot do that in the private sector.

I do ask why I bothered making an effort, could have just done a tulipty degree in social sciences, told a few bampots they were lovely misunderstood people and retired whilst I was still healthy.

Comment

That's deranged.

I can't imagine that there are all that many people suitable and willing to provide a good foster home especially to multiple children, to knobble a couple and in such a perfunctory manner because they support a non extremist political party seems ludicrous at best.

Comment

Crazy, especially thinking that the people of Europe are a different race to us.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Crazy, especially thinking that the people of Europe are a different race to us.
          WHS
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

It's the main page on BBC News now.
            BBC News - UKIP couple have foster children removed from care

To their credit they have reported it in a balanced manner, without any usual left-wing bias. And the comments are largely critical of the council's actions.

Comment

Social workers are in a no win situation, they never get celebrated for the hundreds of thousands of decisions they get right, but I agree this is ridiculous and the Head of Children's Services explanation on their decision was just absured!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

We all know that there is a layer of public service that is highly political and uses position to further leftist opinion.

Watched the news today and Gove spoke really well, he knows that this is going to be a problem as the news today has been a massive political advert for UKIP. I can see their vote jumping quite a bit after people are watching the "what does UKIP stand for" slots on the news and thinking "I agree with that".

I can't wait for the Observer tomorrow.

Comment

It would be worth joining UKIP just to have someone take my bastid kids away.

Then when I have had a nice rest, I could join the greens and get them back again. probbly get a free pair of wellies as well

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    It would be worth joining UKIP just to have someone take my bastid kids away.

Then when I have had a nice rest, I could join the greens and get them back again. probbly get a free pair of wellies as well

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X