• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked In Current Gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked In Current Gig

What do you guys put on LinkedIn for your current gig? Do you name your client?

Originally posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I list my limited company as my employer and write about what my company does. I don't list clients or projects.

TBH though my linkedin profile needs a bit of a makeover. Could be a good idea listing previous projects worked on but maybe without client names, e.g. instead of "ABC Insurance Co. in Manchester" have "An Insurance Company in the North West".
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I use my gigs name, location and job title with details to be completed at the end of the assignment.

I then have my LtdCo to show a un broken length of employment
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
        I list my limited company as my employer and write about what my company does. I don't list clients or projects.
        I do this too.

Comment

I also put my LTD as employer - then list projects I've worked on.

Fat lot of good it does though - all my work is either repeat clients or stuff I find on Jobserve. Maybe one day something will come from it. Or maybe I'm missing the point of it? I don't Facebook so maybe this stuff is lost on me. Perhaps someone can tell me what the point of it is? Then I could start using it properly.

Comment

I typically only add to LinkedIn once I'm looking for a new gig. But when I do, I list each client as a separate role however my own limited company appears at the top as I'm still working there.

I've found that maintaining my LinkedIn profile as diligently as I do my CV has paid off as quite a few agents seem to use LinkedIn as a CV database.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I typically only add to LinkedIn once I'm looking for a new gig. ...
              WHS, and there are other good reasons for keeping it updated only up to your latest but one gig
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                I also put my LTD as employer - then list projects I've worked on.

Fat lot of good it does though - all my work is either repeat clients or stuff I find on Jobserve. Maybe one day something will come from it. Or maybe I'm missing the point of it? I don't Facebook so maybe this stuff is lost on me. Perhaps someone can tell me what the point of it is? Then I could start using it properly.
                I recently got contacted about a gig via a connection of a linkedin connection (some guy who used to work at the same place as I did).

It pays to add linkedin connections to anyone who you've worked with, even if you've just had a quick pint with them in the pub, or said hello to at the coffee machine.

It's possible that you may never talk to that person again, but in the months or years to come, someone else can come across your profile and need to get in-touch.
                Last edited by kingcook; 24 November 2012, 19:59. Reason: Typo
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I deleted my original LikedIn profile a while ago but never used it seriously, more personal stuff rather than business.

So I created another profile earlier, before I'd even finished updating the newly created profile I had a request from a pimp (well known agency). This was within minutes and before I'd even added any skills or gigs. Smells of automation in some form or other. If it gets work who cares but, well just but.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I put current gig on there but you can set it to never show the current employment details. Doesn't work when you want your LtdCo being shown to make it clear you're a contractor but protects current clientco being called asking for a reference when they don't know you're even looking for a new gig.

Comment

Working...
                    X