• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams - Record keeping / invoice system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon Williams - Record keeping / invoice system

Hi,

Please excuse me if I'm talking rubbish here, I'm in the process of preparing for contracting, so I don't have much knowledge of accountants or accounting as yet.

Based on the feedback from people on here, I was looking at going to NW as my accountant, however there website doesn't appear to have any information about whether they provide any sort of online (or offline) record keeping / invoicing system. Some of the other accountants I have looked at appear to have this facility, but NW don't mention it on their website.

Can anybody advise on what I can expect from them.

Thanks

I would say NW themselves would be in the perfect position to tell you what their setup is if you pick up that handset-type thing in the living room that makes that strange ringing noise every now and then.

Comment

Gonna have to do better than that if you are going to enter contracting. There is no one to hold your hand or feed you information so you can just sign at the bottom. Your finances will be your legal responsibility even with an accountant and you have certain legal obligations as a director as well.

If you are finding it hard to pick the phone up to find someone to help you with your finances you are going to be in for a very long hard slog..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

FFS, is there something that wrong with asking the question on a Saturday when clearly NW are closed in the hope for a quick yes/no answer from someone who might know the answer?

Comment

Crunch provides you with what you want.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            FFS, is there something that wrong with asking the question on a Saturday when clearly NW are closed in the hope for a quick yes/no answer from someone who might know the answer?
            Choosing an accountant can be a very personal choice, and as it's not a Yes/No question (he's asking the in's and out's of how the firm operates), there really is no substitute for a phone call IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
              Choosing an accountant can be a very personal choice, and as it's not a Yes/No question (he's asking the in's and out's of how the firm operates), there really is no substitute for a phone call IMO.
              His question is:

Do they have any online or offline record keeping/invoicing system?

Comment

Originally posted by meraff View Post
                Hi,

Please excuse me if I'm talking rubbish here, I'm in the process of preparing for contracting, so I don't have much knowledge of accountants or accounting as yet.

Based on the feedback from people on here, I was looking at going to NW as my accountant, however there website doesn't appear to have any information about whether they provide any sort of online (or offline) record keeping / invoicing system. Some of the other accountants I have looked at appear to have this facility, but NW don't mention it on their website.

Thanks
                Hi meraff,

Unfortunately we do not have an online accounting system in place at the moment. However, we are in the process of creating one and we hope to have it ready soon.

If you have any further questions regarding our services please feel free to call us at the office, or PM me if you wish.

I hope this helps.

Martin

Comment

OK, I take peoples point. Yes, I am perfectly capable of picking up a phone and asking, however this being a forum - with actual clients of NW, I thought it would be a suitable place to ask a question and get an unbiased response.

Thanks Martin for posting a response.

Comment

Originally posted by meraff View Post
                    Hi,

Thanks
                    What sort of accountants "online (or offline) record keeping / invoicing" would you need to look at?.

Only thing I ever have needed to do electronically is email my expenses or invoices to my accountant. They do the rest on their systems, thats what youre paying them for. So I guess you should ask if they have an email address?. Although in this day and age surely they will.

If I have misunderstood your question, my apologies in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X