• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve - is it working ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve - is it working ?

I have email filters that send 2-3 emails a day to my account in .xls format. Daily. Since year dot.

Not had email in 3 days ?

no jobs

all jobs gone, tulipe is the market that bad....
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

I think so. I have 2 tightly targetted filters that usually produce around 10 jobs a day each.

Plus a general catch all that is around 100kb file that I run Excel sorts on.

A.

I'm sure it must be something at my end. If there are no jobs left any more then I better take the extension I've just been offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela_D
        I think so. I have 2 tightly targetted filters that usually produce around 10 jobs a day each.

Plus a general catch all that is around 100kb file that I run Excel sorts on.

A.

I'm sure it must be something at my end. If there are no jobs left any more then I better take the extension I've just been offered.

Angela there may be something wrong with your end

do you want me to look into it ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's just the World Cup effect. You wait and see.

Comment

whats jobserve

Comment

Having the World Cup so close to UK and the fact that its holiday time makes things a little harder to find a contract right now , when its all over theres going to get a big rush all at once.

Blame Easy Jet , Sven Goran Ericsson and the fact that its July all happening at the same time.

Took me nearly 6 weeks to get what I wanted , there is a lot of cr@p contracts about, just wait it out until England loose , shouldnt be long now.
              Last edited by Bitbucket; 24 June 2006, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
                Having the World Cup so close to UK and the fact that its holiday time makes things a little harder to find a contract right now , when its all over theres going to get a big rush all at once.

Blame Easy Jet , Sven Goran Ericsson and the fact that its July all happening at the same time.

Took me nearly 6 weeks to get what I wanted , there is a lot of cr@p contracts about, just wait it out until England loose , shouldnt be long now.
                Yeah I arrived in UK this time last year and market was dead, I luckily got a job soon after (no not in a bar) but there was feck al around.

Comment

I contacted Jobserve. Apparently if their email to users bounces a couple of times then it is 'flagged' and no longer sent. This isn't visible in your profile and no matter what you try to do in your account you can't see or change it. Need to contact them.

Bit crappy admin but working fine now.

Comment

Over-reliant

It looks to me like you are relying too much on Jobswerve for cont(r)acts.
                    1. There are other websites (not as busy, maybe as effective).
                    2. There are other ways (keeping in touch with colleagues/networking/going direct).

Comment

Working...
                    X