• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your record number of consecutive interviews before landing a contract?

I'm gonna show and tell here-19 in 8 months
    Last edited by pootle; 26 November 2012, 20:08.

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Are we including phone interviews, if so then about 20 or so within a month. Maybe more.

If not then about a dozen - although these were not all for contracts, some were for perm roles too. Then I landed a perm role ... then I landed a contract and resigned from my perm role after a month.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Are we including phone interviews, if so then about 20 or so within a month.
        Yes Including phone interviews, 20 a month is a good ratio, you hold the lead

Comment

Originally posted by pootle View Post
          I'm gonna show and tell here-19 in 8 months
          You seemed to be struggling back in August 2010 as well....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/newre...eply&p=1651722
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Aww, I thought this was a thread about how many interviews for the same gig before being offered it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You seemed to be struggling back in August 2010 as well....
              Yes, thanks for doing your research, since then and until now, work has been pretty solid.

Comment

If you arent landing at least 1 contract offer for every 3 interviews, there's something majorly wrong. Anyone going to 19 or 20 interviews and not getting an offer is wasting everyone's time.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  If you arent landing at least 1 contract offer for every 3 interviews, there's something majorly wrong. Anyone going to 19 or 20 interviews and not getting an offer is wasting everyone's time.
                  No he's making the other candidate look good and for that reason we should encourage him (especially if you or me is up against him).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by pootle
                    post removed by mod
                    With all due respect mate, without trying to be rude if you're constantly doing interviews without any offer then you need to stop and evaluate.

Ask yourself:
                    - are your interview skills strong, are you maybe getting nervous / flustered?
                    - does your appearance match the client, I.e. if the city are you suited and booted?
                    - are you maybe applying for jobs that are unsuitable, outside your skillset?
                    - are you maybe setting your rate too high?

You maybe need to look at something and aim on improving that area if you're not getting bites.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X