• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New CUK features you'd like to see

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CUK features you'd like to see

(Not meant as serious request for more development work, but a wish list off the top of my head.)

* Section or sticky to summarise reason for each banning and suspension, like here

(I love that phrase "hit and run preaching"! - Shades of Chico )

* Option to completely ignore specified posters

(I've pointed out before that the current method includes a ridiculously prominent slot for each "ignored" post!)

* Working historical post list (if not already fixed - it was broken a couple of weeks ago.)

any more?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(I've pointed out before that the current method includes a ridiculously prominent slot for each "ignored" post!)
    Those "this post is ignored" banners can be hidden with a simple script, which will entirely remove posts from people on your ignore list (though it doesn't stop them being quoted). If you use adblock just add this:
    Code:
    forums.contractoruk.com##[class="postbitignored postbitim"]
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

An automatic filter for all pro-left-wing comments.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        (Not meant as serious request for more development work, but a wish list off the top of my head.)

* Section or sticky to summarise reason for each banning and suspension, like here

(I love that phrase "hit and run preaching"! - Shades of Chico )

* Working historical post list (if not already fixed - it was broken a couple of weeks ago.)

any more?
        Definitely like #1 - particularly with the comments
        "One has to wonder at what motivates such an individual."

CUK doesn't have a 'Forum Announcements/News' section, but Admin may consider it for this.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Some vBulletin board I used a few years ago did tell you the length of a ban and the reason - shouldn't be hard to achieve.

I'd also like a way to ignore threads I am not interested in, though I must admit given the way threads drift here, I might miss some fun that way.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

On this forum they have a one touch ban and delete. Naturally it's only for dealing with spammers...

They've also got the ban length and reason.

In the interim I suppose we could have a closed sticky listing bans, length and reasons.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It wood be good to have a self-exclusion function like gambling sites. We could all exclude ourselves for 1 day/2 days/1 week/6 months.

I'll start work on the www.contractorukanonymous.com website tomorrow
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                It wood be good to have a self-exclusion function like gambling sites. We could all exclude ourselves for 1 day/2 days/1 week/6 months.

I'll start work on the www.contractorukanonymous.com website tomorrow
                I offer a very reasonably-priced password minding service.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I'll happily use your account to insult the mods for you.
                  FTFY
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A for sale board. I love to buy IT tat and have a room full of kit I need to offload which, whilst being old and redundant to myself, would probably still be deemed magical or witchcraft to most of you.

Comment

Working...
                    X