• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facing facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing facts

BBC News - Risk of robot uprising wiping out human race to be studied

Face it, we're stuffed.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

nothing like putting tax payers money to good use... eh ..

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      It seems like rather a good use to me. I don't want to be enslaved by machines and used as a source of energy and nutrients.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        It seems like rather a good use to me. I don't want to be enslaved by machines and used as a source of energy and nutrients.
        What if it was an alien race of 7 foot alien Amazonian women who did the same???
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Are they green?
          No the orange ones from the Planet Dickinson
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
            Nothing there to suggest it's funded by the taxpayer. Cambridge University has shedloads of money (I relieved them of a chunk of it on a gig the other year), and plenty of private funding for research. As one of the founders of this centre is a co-founder of Skype, I would imagine he's got a bit of spare change knocking about.

Comment

The Centre for the Study of Existential Risk (CSER) will study dangers posed by biotechnology, artificial life, nanotechnology and climate change.
              Ah, there it is.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Skynet

It's a bit like that Siri person who lives in the iPhone. Feck that, I'm not having a robot tell me what to do.

I don't like it.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Skynet

It's a bit like that Siri person who lives in the iPhone. Feck that, I'm not having a robot tell me what to do.

I don't like it.
                    You put up with Spod though?
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X