• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Job Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Job Agents

Anyone noticed the increasing numbers of job agencies staffed by ICT visa holders?

Not only are IT workers being decimated but now they have started to flood the country with recruitment agents on ICT visas

?

Why dont we just allow unrestricted movement of hundreds of thousands of Indian national workers in? Oh I see we are doing...

Haven't had many of these but got four yesterday, from the same guy, offering the same job.

Apparently they are urgently seeking an Environment Manager in 'The London' on a perm basis.

I don't do 'The London', I don't do perm and I don't really do Environment management either Thought pointing out these facts might put him off. Promised to call me back 'later today afternoon' and did !! Three more times !! He got put 'on hold' the last time. Hopefully, he's still there.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Haven't had many of these but got four yesterday, from the same guy, offering the same job.

Apparently they are urgently seeking an Environment Manager in 'The London' on a perm basis.

I don't do 'The London', I don't do perm and I don't really do Environment management either Thought pointing out these facts might put him off. Promised to call me back 'later today afternoon' and did !! Three more times !! He got put 'on hold' the last time. Hopefully, he's still there.
      He just wants an updation on your currently status.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        There is a high degree of probabilitation that you are being correct there Mitch.

On a lighter note, the girl who introduced me to 'updation' said 'upgradation' twice yesterday

Anyway, have to run, got some execution planation to work on

Comment

Makes you wonder how much truth there can be in all these "boomed" threads.

Or possibly makes you wonder how much truth there is in wild assertions of IT jobs being "decimated". One or the other. You decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I had plenty of Bobs calls after my agent outsourced the referencing process. So how do we know that they are ICTs and not wives / husbands brought here from India ?
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              I had plenty of Bobs calls after my agent outsourced the referencing process. So how do we know that they are ICTs and not wives / husbands brought here from India ?
              I don't deal with Bob agencies. Just can't go through the feckin stress of explaining everything to them, and I mean everything.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Or possibly makes you wonder how much truth there is in wild assertions of IT jobs being "decimated". One or the other. You decide.
                Hmm...for what I know, the knowledge transfer contracts are still booming. And some of those booms seem to come from one particular Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  I don't deal with Bob agencies. Just can't go through the feckin stress of explaining everything to them, and I mean everything.
                  I dream of next gig without bobs.

To be fair some youngsters are also clueless but already devious.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

There's plenty of truth in mine

I've got jobs here that I'm struggling to find the right people for. May have to go offshore !!

Comment

Working...
                    X