• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob is struggling everywhere now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob is struggling everywhere now

There are armies of them in this bank.

New Bob BA joins at end of my project. Won't accept he is there to perform a testing role. Keeps trying to change things unnecessarily. I'm having to manage that. It's taking a lot of my time and testing is not getting done.

ICC Bob writing an ETL layer the bank enforces on all distributed systems. I knew he had not grasped the logic he had to do so I spelt it out in a spec. One month before golive Bob declares this functionality cannot be done in his layer, "tools not capable of it". He even brought some random Bobs into the meeting to back him up on his position.

Today, the system I call for certain analytics starts behaving in a nondeterministic way. Its in UAT, been stable for weeks. Today it starts reporting weird errors for inputs it previously liked. I got on the phone...nobody will admit to concurrency issues being exposed by higher volume of course. More Bobs supporting that system. They are getting back to me in the morning apparently.

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Today, the system I call for certain analytics starts behaving in a nondeterministic way. Its in UAT, been stable for weeks. Today it starts reporting weird errors for inputs it previously liked. I got on the phone...nobody will admit to concurrency issues being exposed by higher volume of course. More Bobs supporting that system. They are getting back to me in the morning apparently.
    It is conforming specification, all test cases are being passed. Please to be making change request.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      It is conforming specification, all test cases are being passed. Please to be making change request.
      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mich the Tester again.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Can Bobs enroll on your "guaranteed to be in the top 20%" course Aussie?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are you a Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It only has to be the much cheapness plenty quickness "guaranteed to be in the top 90%" course, and you'd still get a massive improvement...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Since a long time I am not observing this behaviour. It is working fine.

Comment

I thought this was an interesting article (Ok the table in the article.)

Having worked with nearly all of the nations in the moderate list I rate all of them apart from Italy as above India.

In terms of India it may be due to the culture of a majority of the men pretending they don't hear women and not being able to tell you if there is a problem.

Oh and the Italians I've worked with must have done their interviews in Italian.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just maybe, previously everything was wrong, everyone was faking it, bad project management and now the Bobs are actually doing a thorough job and finding all the flaws that were being glossed over
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I thought this was an interesting article (Ok the table in the article.)

Having worked with nearly all of the nations in the moderate list I rate all of them apart from Italy as above India.

In terms of India it may be due to the culture of a majority of the men pretending they don't hear women and not being able to tell you if there is a problem.

Oh and the Italians I've worked with must have done their interviews in Italian.
                    This post seems a bit off topic ... however I just have to say its an amazing table. I had no idea that some Eastern European Countries fare so much better than India!
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                    X