• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

we don’t want Mittal in France anymore because Indian CEO is lying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we don’t want Mittal in France anymore because Indian CEO is lying

"if France doesn’t want you, Britain does" (Mayor Boris Johnson )

"[Mittal], bought Arcelor SA in a hostile bid in 2006, after promising not to cut jobs and shift or cut investments. Former President Nicolas Sarkozy signed off on the deal. Luxembourg-based ArcelorMittal now wants to close the furnaces at the site and slash more than 600 jobs, blaming a slump in the steel industry."
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

**** off France, so if six years after a deal, when the economy has collapsed they have to keep a loss making subsidiary going at the risk of the overall group?

Talk about a handcuff clause!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
      "if France doesn’t want you, Britain does" (Mayor Boris Johnson )

"[Mittal], bought Arcelor SA in a hostile bid in 2006, after promising not to cut jobs and shift or cut investments. Former President Nicolas Sarkozy signed off on the deal. Luxembourg-based ArcelorMittal now wants to close the furnaces at the site and slash more than 600 jobs, blaming a slump in the steel industry."
      The French are doing a king Canute. You must keep producing steel even after your customer has closed done regardless of market reality.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We all know the French are very precious, just look at their working rights it's all geared towards them and they throw an almighty strop when someone tries to change them.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The French are doing a king Canute. You must keep producing steel even after your customer has closed done regardless of market reality.
          Imagine that a few year ago you were allowed to buy historic building with the condition that you restore it. However now you decided that it would make better business sense to knock it down and sell the plot citing change in economic conditions.

Will that make you richer? yes
          But is that fair and honest ?

Comment

Rubbish - don't confuse history with business.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Plus we're talking about 6 years, do you think Mittal thought "Oh in 6 years, there will be a massive global downturn" when he bought Arcelor

People in Wales are also losing there jobs in the steel industry but I've not seen anything reported similar to what the French are saying
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                Imagine that a few year ago you were allowed to buy historic building with the condition that you restore it. However now you decided that it would make better business sense to knock it down and sell the plot citing change in economic conditions.

Will that make you richer? yes
                But is that fair and honest ?
                Completely fair and honest.
                If you don't like the idea of a historic building being knocked down, stump up your own money and buy it from him.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  Completely fair and honest.
                  If you don't like the idea of a historic building being knocked down, stump up your own money and buy it from him.
                  Well ... Now that the government money is to be had it looks that Tata Steel beat me to it ...

Tata Steel in fray to buy 2 Arcelor Mittal furnaces; stk up - Moneycontrol.com

There seem to be some racists accusations thrown in the mix ... interesting how this will all end.
                  http://www.firstpost.com/economy/mit...sm-539572.html
                  Last edited by mos; 30 November 2012, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    Plus we're talking about 6 years, do you think Mittal thought "Oh in 6 years, there will be a massive global downturn" when he bought Arcelor

People in Wales are also losing there jobs in the steel industry but I've not seen anything reported similar to what the French are saying
                    Perhaps they should ...

Tata Steel in fray to buy 2 Arcelor Mittal furnaces; stk up - Moneycontrol.com

Comment

Working...
                    X