• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Underemployed workers jump by 1m since financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underemployed workers jump by 1m since financial crisis

Underemployed workers jump by 1m since financial crisis - Telegraph

89.5% of people wouldn’t mind a bit less work, actually

Read: over-employed workers fell by 1m.

Comment

Yay let's introduce labour laws like they have in France and totally screw the economy, on another note why is it they allow Civil Serpents to work only 37.5 hrs a week?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Yay let's introduce labour laws like they have in France and totally screw the economy, on another note why is it they allow Civil Serpents to work only 37.5 hrs a week?

be present at desk
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

be present at desk
          Well spotted Mich you are indeed correct, many moons (4 years) ago when I worked in Companies House they allowed people to actually be 14hrs 48mins down on their flexi-time clocks and you can imagine how many people did and still do take advantage of this perk.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yay let's introduce labour laws like they have in France and totally screw the economy, on another note why is it they allow Labour voting Civil Serpents to work only 37.5 hrs a week?

FTFY
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I want to work a lot less, I currently do 32 hours which means I have lots of money in retained earnings that I cant get at without paying extra tax.

Id like to do one week a month next year, which easily pays all the bills and will enable me to draw the money out.

Comment

Yay let's introduce labour laws like they have in France and totally screw the economy
                "We're all going on a summer holday", say the french.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yay let's introduce labour laws like they have in France and totally screw the economy
                  Yep, but if life looks like this, why would anyone give a flying feck about 'the economy'?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well when they only work 35 hours a week, they're obviously not going to get the job done.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X