• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry to puncture your mood but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to puncture your mood but...

..the following link give pause for thought. This guy, (for whatever reasons) worked with the 7/7 bombers and it just goes to show that your job can have far reaching effects.

You wont enjoy reading this stuff but at least it dispels the myth of the all knowing asian 'computer expert'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlo...804930,00.html

This guy was apparenty an ex hells angel, who despised the British Government and the Police. I guess the police don't have the resources to follow up claims of someone being a terrorist all the time, especially if it's coming from a 'poor' source'.

Comment

ex-hells angel == poor source? No way, not in my book. I'd put it down as simple incompetance. There again, what would I know.

I blame IR35.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

9/11

arabs and pakis should be kicked out of UK !

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          ex-hells angel == poor source? No way, not in my book. I'd put it down as simple incompetance. There again, what would I know.

I blame IR35.
          I sort of agree with you, but I do get a bit sick of people jumping on the hindsight bandwagon after something like this has happened (not saying u are). To be honest I don't think an incident like the 7/7 bombings is an easy thing to prevent. The bombs can be made with household chemicals, recipe off the internet and if this person is prepared to give their life then we have a pretty scary situation. I think it comes down to the Government being a bit more pro-active, maybe even right-wing and deporting people and limiting immigration. That protest march a while ago with the 'British' muslims calling for the deaths of non-muslims etc and chanting for the 'fantastic four' disgusted me. These people should not be allowed in this country.

Comment

I daresay they do get a fairly steady stream of reports, many groundless or malicious. Without knowing the figures hard to comment.

Not sure they can act on every reported case of someone saying the houses of parliament should be blown up, the PM stabbed or the chancellor have a food blender shoved up his * either I hope. But isn't the current terrorism case under way about an "aspirational" plot where there is no actual evidence of any actions to carry it through? Maybe it is ok to say the PM should be stabbed as long as nobody else agrees with it, when it becomes a conspiracy.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 24 June 2006, 09:03.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X