• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Winter's going to be a cork opener

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Winter's going to be a cork opener

Just had two cases delivered from Naked Wines and full rack bursting (fnar) at the seams
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
    Just had two cases delivered from Naked Wines and full rack bursting (fnar) at the seams
    What cases did you get ? Im looking a placing an order this week

Comment

We got a "£60 off when you spend £100" voucher for Naked, would you recommend them? It seems if you're not an "Angel" (whatever that is) you pay 30% more so is this one of those deals which isn't?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I always take the Christmas offer, you get two lovely glasses (now have 8 of them) and its a good selection with a bottle of fizz.

I then usually take what's on the marketplace, sometimes it might be 6 months before it turns up but you get some good stuff.

Carmen Stevens' Angels Reserve Shiraz 2011
        Mauricio Lorca Angel's Selection Malbec 2012
        F.Stephen Millier Angels Reserve Shiraz 2011

Have all been good reds

(now you've made me order the marketplace - due March)

Lay of the Land Destination Sauvignon Blanc 2011 (sometimes get a 3 for 2 offer at checkout for this)

Rod Easthope Hawkes Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2012 is very good
        as is
        Villebois Prestige Sauvignon Blanc 2011

If you like Sauvignon Blanc - which I do!

(marketplace now ordered)
        Last edited by Notascooby; 29 November 2012, 15:28. Reason: edit - extra wine ordered for no reason
        Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          We got a "£60 off when you spend £100" voucher for Naked, would you recommend them? It seems if you're not an "Angel" (whatever that is) you pay 30% more so is this one of those deals which isn't?

Love them - last night one of my free crystal glasses snapped at the stem - send them a tweet, got a phone call today and 2 free glasses in the post - worth £30!

Become an angel - my balance is always zero despite deposting £20 per month...buy way more.

Never buy supermarket wine - I only wish they'd start with craft beers too.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

The thing is I'm already in a wine club so I was more interested in using the voucher as a 1-off, but it doesn't seem that good a deal on the non-angel price, even to see if they're better than who I've got now.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The thing is I'm already in a wine club so I was more interested in using the voucher as a 1-off, but it doesn't seem that good a deal on the non-angel price, even to see if they're better than who I've got now.
              I was a member of the BA laithwaites wine club but their stuff was crap in comparison. I'd recommend signing up as an Angel - you can even ask for the cash back, there's no obligation to spend it. they use the capital to fund new start-ups. in return they get great wine cheaply.

Try their backdoor wines - those are usualy excellent value - basically white labelled good stuff where the producer has too much.
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I've been pretty happy with Laithewaites wine but since they don't compel me to take the quarterly case, there's no harm looking about I guess.

I'll look more into Angel, if they do any kind of referral bonus feel free to PM me and I'll put you as referrer should I sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                  Cheers for the heads up - great site Notascooby, am investigating!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've had a few cases now from Naked Wines, and I have to say the quality has generally been very good. Makes you realise what cark the supermarkets sell.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X