• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First snow of the season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First snow of the season

Is only a matter of hours away. Didn't get above -1°C today so gonna be a chilly weekend.

I might even have to put the heating on.
    Me, me, me...

Its not cold yet. I am cycling to/from work in shorts/wicking shirt. Its getting a tad nippy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Is only a matter of hours away. Didn't get above -1°C today so gonna be a chilly weekend.

Best wrap up warm and a cup of cocoa for you.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Its not cold yet. I am cycling to/from work in shorts/wicking shirt. Its getting a tad nippy though.
        Me too but I'm worried about the potential ice: -2°C ...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Best wrap up warm and a cup of cocoa for you.

I didnt know you had a picture of SAS.

Comment

soft suvverner , we've had snow in the toon already this year!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Me too but I'm worried about the potential ice: -2°C ...
              good point - I had to change my route slightly today to avoid a slightly leaking water main.

but I have now cracked - just bought on ebay a waterproof/breathable jacket and waterproof trousers. Both hi-viz.

I now have 2 front lights and 2 rear lights. But the pedestrians still seem to ignore me. It might helped if they glanced somewhere near the way they are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                just bought on ebay a waterproof/breathable jacket and waterproof trousers. Both hi-viz.
                Sounds like my normal working outfit for this time of year, but I get to have steel toe wellies too
                Last edited by Halo Jones; 30 November 2012, 09:36. Reason: bad typo ;)
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Sounds like my normal working outfit for this time of year, but I get to have steel toe willies too
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bring it on.
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                    X