• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip takes second place in Rotherham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukip takes second place in Rotherham

Now this could start to get interesting. Although Labour held the seat, UKIP getting 22% of the vote will be terrifying the 3 main liar parties.

Ukip takes second place in by-elections - Telegraph

A referendum feels closer. Though I would expect it to be a Yes to staying the same, and a No to a little bit less integration (aka staying the same) vote.

Love how the Liberal traitor lost his deposit.

Hehe - a vote of support for the foster family methinks.

Comment

I seem to remember round about 1990 greens got 22% of some by-election. And where are they now?

Come 2015 all the sheep will be voting TorLab.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I seem to remember round about 1990 greens got 22% of some by-election. And where are they now?

I'll be voting AndyW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
          I'll be voting AndyW!!!
          I think we got a manifesto - but it accidentally fell in the blender before I could read it. Can anyone tell me what it said?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Where are they now? Well it seems their policies are all mainstream, global warming, taxes on energy to pay for windmills etc. I'd be happy if the Torys incorporated the UKIP policies.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Where are they now? Well it seems their policies are all mainstream, global warming, taxes on energy to pay for windmills etc. I'd be happy if the Torys incorporated the UKIP policies.
              UKIP are the conservative party (note the small 'c').
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                UKIP are the conservative party (note the small 'c').
                That would be logical, as a life long conservative voter they seem to have traditional common sense policies that appeal to me.

I think after 3 election defeats the torys decided to become more like Labour as they thought thats what people wanted. But this means that no one got what they voted for in the last election, people who wanted Labour still consider they have the evil party in charge so arent happy, and those who wanted the torys to sort things out now have Labour-Lite so arent happy.

Comment

The three parties will delude themselves that Rotherham is special circumstances due to the Social Workers pulling those three children from their foster carers.

And the more I read about that story the more I want Rotherham's social workers imprisoned for stupidity leading to child neglect.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    That would be logical, as a life long conservative voter they seem to have traditional common sense policies that appeal to me.

I think after 3 election defeats the torys decided to become more like Labour as they thought thats what people wanted. But this means that no one got what they voted for in the last election, people who wanted Labour still consider they have the evil party in charge so arent happy, and those who wanted the torys to sort things out now have Labour-Lite so arent happy.
                    What does everyone expect? The Tories lost 3 elections by behaving like Tories.

The only way they could win an election on traditional Tory policies would have been to lose the last one and let Labour's policies run their course, which was headlong into disaster. It could have ended up worse than the Winter Of Discontent and the IMF.

However, as people saw it in 2010, unlike 1979, no big economic disasters had happened under Labour because the problems were all hidden and kicked down the road. That meant that the Tories found it difficult to implement Tory policies to get to grips with a dire situation, because the masses couldn't see a dire situation. When they do, they will blame the Tories for it.

So it's a very fine line that the Tories have to walk. Too much self-indulgence with traditional policies, and in 2015 we will be welcoming Ed Milliband and Ed Balls back into Downing Street.

Comment

Working...
                    X