• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too many marathons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many marathons

Too many marathons can kill, warn doctors - Telegraph

So if Jimmy Savile had not done so many he would still be abusing little girls?

No wonder they changed the name to snickers.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Too many marathons can kill, warn doctors - Telegraph

So if Jimmy Savile had not done so many he would still be abusing little girls?

No wonder they changed the name to snickers.
    Still running related though! It's a type of shoe!!!

Comment

Happily, here in Euroland we're restricted to 20 telegraph articles per month before having to pay for access. I say 'happily' because otherwise I might waste some part of my life reading the tulipe they publish.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Happily, here in Euroland we're restricted to 20 telegraph articles per month before having to pay for access. I say 'happily' because otherwise I might waste some part of my life reading the tulipe they publish.
        I do detest alot of the telegraph reporting - but in this case it looks about right. They do say that any amount of low/medium intensity exercise is fine. Its the high intensity stuff that is the issue.

Comment

I do detest alot of the telegraph reporting - but in this case it looks about right. They do say that any amount of low/medium intensity exercise is fine. Its the high intensity stuff that is the issue.
          Well that's us fooked then.

Comment

A lot of this discussed on twitter amongst the tri geeks...
            Still think you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, too much of anything isn't good for you but swimmers are the biggest over-trainers there is and no one is saying don't swim.

More crap.

If you have a disposition to heart problems i.e. family background then its worth taking care otherwise train your arse off if that's what turns you on.
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Well that's us fooked then.
              Gosh! You do high intensity?

Sorry but I do medium intensity. I just like doing it for long periods of time. I am a bit concerned that at the beginning of events the carb loading and caffeine will get me into high intensity. But the article does say occasional stuff is okay.

At my age even sex is okay is its all in my mind...

Comment

Gosh! You do high intensity?
                Yeah, interval sprints and time trial training. I'm not going to stop because of an article in the telegraph though.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

If you have a disposition to heart problems i.e. family background then its worth taking care
                  Difficult to do though as most of the time you cant tell when you are doing damage. Other than getting a GP do a physical and taking some blood tests what other preventative steps can one take?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
                    Difficult to do though as most of the time you cant tell when you are doing damage. Other than getting a GP do a physical and taking some blood tests what other preventative steps can one take?
                    That's all you can do - bit of a check-up.
                    But like the MRI thread, look hard enough and you'll find something to worry about, so maybe best not to look!
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                    X