• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed or boomed !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed or boomed !?

I can't quite decide, looks like my 2 years of permiedom could come to an end next week, hopefully with a nice little pay off. I got an initial return to contractor buzz but then I've been reading all the old tulip about IR35, opt in/out, blah blah blah and I think I might come to miss my cosie little permie world

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I can't quite decide, looks like my 2 years of permiedom could come to an end next week, hopefully with a nice little pay off. I got an initial return to contractor buzz but then I've been reading all the old tulip about IR35, opt in/out, blah blah blah and I think I might come to miss my cosie little permie world
    Yes, you're better off in permie world. Leave contracting to us, who knows better

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
      Yes, you're better off in permie world. Leave contracting to us, who knows better
      I've had more contracts than you've had hot dinners young man

Comment

I've had more contracts than you've had hot dinners young man
        If you think date of joining the forum is when someone starts contracting, then I am not surprised why you went permie.

And if you've got more contracts than my dinners, does it mean your contract lasts an average of couple of days before you get kicked out? (I am assuming you're twice my age )

Anyways, welcome back to the forum
        Last edited by rd409; 30 November 2012, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          If you think date of joining the forum is when someone starts contracting, then I am not surprised why you went permie.

And if you've got more contracts than my dinners, does it mean your contract lasts an average of couple of days before you get kicked out? (I am assuming you're twice my age )
          I think 2005 is my second coming !? Wasn't there some sort of resetting of joining dates back then, but I'm that old I can't remember.

Comment

It's called Stockholm syndrome. Don't worry, it's easily treatable with freshly-settled invoices

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's called Stockholm syndrome. Don't worry, it's easily treatable with freshly-settled invoices
              It has been a bit of dream job, decent pay, low hours, low responsibility, a few new skills, plenty wfh. But despite all that I'm probably ready for an escape anyway, a 3 month payoff would make it a lot sweeter. I might not get the shove yet but budgets are slashed and the nasty offshore outsourcer is already in place, the level above me already culled, our meeting to come. Some nice downtime until the April budgets would be nice.

Comment

Working...
              X