• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the country is going to the dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the country is going to the dogs

Car dealer just rang me up, I can't pick up my new car tomorrow because the DVLA is on strike and he can't tax it. Get em sacked !

Can't you do it online?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Car dealer just rang me up, I can't pick up my new car tomorrow because the DVLA is on strike and he can't tax it. Get em sacked !
      He left it to the last second to tax it. Sack him.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        He left it to the last second to tax it. Sack him.
        It's a case of highly paid IT consultant is buying a second hand ex motobility car that the state has kindly provided for 3 years to somebody who doesn't work ( and is now giving them a new one ). Apparently they can't tax it online in that scenario, I believe him because he hasn't got my money yet. It was also me who faffed about and only just sent him the insurance details.

Comment

It's a case of highly paid IT consultant is buying a second hand ex motobility car that the state has kindly provided for 3 years to somebody who doesn't work ( and is now giving them a new one ). Apparently they can't tax it online in that scenario, I believe him because he hasn't got my money yet. It was also me who faffed about and only just sent him the insurance details.

You said "new" car in your OP. Make your mind up. Also, why do you need a motobility car ?

State providing a free car is a completely different thread and i can contribute to how its being exploited by spongers.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Yep. Country is going to the dogs indeed, useless feckers everywhere.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              You said "new" car in your OP. Make your mind up. Also, why do you need a motobility car ?

State providing a free car is a completely different thread and i can contribute to how its being exploited by spongers.
              It's 'new' to me, you wouldnt say 'Im getting an old car tomorrow'.

Its just a normal car, no mods, its a Zafira for the wife and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                Yep. Country is going to the dogs indeed, useless feckers everywhere.
                Agreed, its what permanent employment does to people.

Comment

It's 'new' to me, you wouldnt say 'Im getting an old car tomorrow'.

Its just a normal car, no mods, its a Zafira for the wife and kids.

Its a fecking second hand Zafira costing 1K and you are kicking a fuss about it ?

This country is going to the dogs.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Its a fecking second hand Zafira costing 1K and you are kicking a fuss about it ?

This country is going to the dogs.
                    It's breaking my heart spending a full 1K, I've got a perfectly good Vectra that would do the job for years yet but my Mrs is insisting she can't get 3 kids in it despite me demonstrating she can on numerous occasions.
                    Last edited by rootsnall; 30 November 2012, 15:01. Reason: mod

Comment

Working...
                    X