• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flintoff Boxing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flintoff Boxing

BBC Sport - Andrew Flintoff v Richard Dawson: Should Freddie be in the ring?

Seems weird, I assumed this was one of those charity things but is a professional fight.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    BBC Sport - Andrew Flintoff v Richard Dawson: Should Freddie be in the ring?

Seems weird, I assumed this was one of those charity things but is a professional fight.
    Yeah, he has been training like a mad man for it. Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray came to see him and give him advice etc. Although he is fighting a novice it still has potential to be interesting
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

He will get destroyed.

Comment

My prediction, 5th round knocked out with a body shot.

Not sure of why he would want to do this, even if he was to win, I doubt he has the time or the ability to box at a decent level.

Comment

Doesn't sound sensible to me. Didn't he do any amateur fights first?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            He will get destroyed.
            For posterity

Comment

I think if anything Flintoff's just given more evidence of the adaptability of top sportspeople. He's got strength, fitness and excellent hand to eye coordination and those are characteristics that can be used in many sports.

I just wonder though; if he'd put in the same fitness work as a cricketer then maybe he'd have been a really fast bowler.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                He will get destroyed.
                You really do lead with your chin dontcha?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I think if anything Flintoff's just given more evidence of the adaptability of top sportspeople. He's got strength, fitness and excellent hand to eye coordination and those are characteristics that can be used in many sports.

I just wonder though; if he'd put in the same fitness work as a cricketer then maybe he'd have been a really fast bowler.
                  Or if he'd chosen to do a proper sport...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I've seen Flintoff touch 94mph. That's pretty swift. He was more renowned more for bowling what is called a heavy ball, in that he hit the deck hard, not kissed it like Darren Gough (who was also up at 90+ in his day), so that he got steeper bounce. Most casual cricketers would soil themselves facing 80mph. Trust me, anything over 80mph get's your juices going pretty good.

I think if anything, if he applied this kind of fitness regime when he was a cricketer, he'd still be one, that's the only difference I could see.

Botham was the same really. First 25 tests, 45 with the bat, 20 with the ball, then 25-50, 40 bat, 25 ball, then he just started believing his own press and went really downhill. If he'd have been as dedicated as someone like Hadlee, he, imo, would have been the best cricketer in the history of the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X