• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ok, who got a Nintendo WiiU today ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, who got a Nintendo WiiU today ?

I know I did, with ZombieU.

The WiiU controller takes 3 hours to charge and then there's a 2-3 hour 3 Gig System download to wait for which turns your system into a brick apparently if you interrupt it. Still aint played anything on it.

Still its meant to be Wii backwards compatible, doesn't come with an ethernet port but the good news is that I used my old USB to ethernet adapter and it works.

Sad or what !!! for a Friday night.

Don't think the WiiU is going to fly! Heard they were selling the consoles at a loss. Risky strategy by the sounds of it, could affect them very badly.

Comment

I got an Xbox 360 250 wigs for 150 kwid from Argos!

Comment

I'm not impressed ... WiiU main controller came uncharged .. took 2.5 hours to charge, then the system update took 3 hours and some say if you interrupt it it can break your system permanently.

ZombiU is a mediocre game, the Nintendo internet browser won't play podcasts etc on web pages and Netflix UK on the WiiU won't stream movies. Also on the main WiiU menus it was taking 14 seconds to move from menu page to page.

oh dear.. seems like rushed games and a rushed release.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Don't think the WiiU is going to fly! Heard they were selling the consoles at a loss. Risky strategy by the sounds of it, could affect them very badly.
          The Wii is the only console in recent times NOT sold at a loss, IIRC (at time of launch anyway).

It does sound a weird one but then so did the Wii!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As someone who has never used a Wii, what does the new thing do that the old didn't?

I heard the Wii was good for apps involving motion detection, which sounds good.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Lots. The controller is basically a tablet/gamepad combined which means you can 'throw' a game from the TV to the tablet, use the tablet as your rear-view mirror or play multiplayer without all having to split-screen.

Like with the Wii, they've gone off in a totally different direction to everyone else.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X