• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My brassy new PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brassy new PM

A new role and a new PM.

A lady not quite like any I have met in a professional role is our Beryl. Though I have encountered ladies of her ilk on many occassions behind a bar.

Well it would appear that I am going to have my work cut out filling the boots of my predecessor. A laugh a minute, by all accounts, and very keen on expressing himself via certain bodily functions. Regrettably, he was a chronic narcoleptic and they had to let him go and that's where I come in.

Her parting shot in our first meeting?

"Feel free to lift up one of thy arse cheeks and let one fly, we do love a good larf round 'ere"

Good Lord, what happened to professionalism?

Why aren't there more project managers like you in the City Malcom. The whole place would be more fun and interesting and grounded with you in it and people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      Why aren't there more project managers like you in the City Malcom.
      Cos he doen't exist
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Hello Malc!
        Please excuse my being a little thick but it's late and ... I'm not sure exactly who is who over there. Is Beryl the new PM or your good self?

If I assume the latter, might you have to dash a bit of cold water on such frivolities, and restore a bit of dignity to the manager-staff relationships there? I'm no expert, but demonstrating your sphinctal prowess is hardly the way forward in this respect, and who knows what further delights lay in store!

Oh, and congratulations on your new appointment by the way. You can't keep a good bugger down!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Hello Malc!
          Please excuse my being a little thick but it's late and ... I'm not sure exactly who is who over there. Is Beryl the new PM or your good self?

If I assume the latter, might you have to dash a bit of cold water on such frivolities, and restore a bit of dignity to the manager-staff relationships there? I'm no expert, but demonstrating your sphinctal prowess is hardly the way forward in this respect, and who knows what further delights lay in store!

Oh, and congratulations on your new appointment by the way. You can't keep a good bugger down!
          Hi DS, no Beryl is the new PM. I have only been invited to break wind for their amusement. It is, apparently, something my predecessor did with impunity.

You'll be happy to hear that I am going to desist from following UP her request.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            Hi DS, no Beryl is the new PM. I have only been invited to break wind for their amusement. It is, apparently, something my predecessor did with impunity.

You'll be happy to hear that I am going to desist from following UP her request.
            Mr Methane made a good living out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
              Well it would appear that I am going to have my work cut out filling the boots of my predecessor. A laugh a minute, by all accounts, and very keen on expressing himself via certain bodily functions. Regrettably, he was a chronic narcoleptic and they had to let him go and that's where I come in.
              You will never fill my boots.

And you will never fill Beryl the way I did.

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
              X