• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advent Locker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advent Locker

One for those of you in London: well-known geeks-about-town Dan Williams and Tom Scott will be giving away stuff during December. Each day, an item will be delivered to an Amazon locker somewhere in London, and the locker code will be revealed on their Advent Locker website. First person to get to the locker with the code gets the prize

It's nothing to do with Amazon, it's an independent thing using Amazon's infrastructure. If you want to play, keep an eye on their site and follow on Twitter: Advent Locker: the Advent Calendar treasure hunt.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    One for those of you in London: well-known geeks-about-town Dan Williams and Tom Scott will be giving away stuff during December. Each day, an item will be delivered to an Amazon locker somewhere in London, and the locker code will be revealed on their Advent Locker website. First person to get to the locker with the code gets the prize

It's nothing to do with Amazon, it's an independent thing using Amazon's infrastructure. If you want to play, keep an eye on their site and follow on Twitter: Advent Locker: the Advent Calendar treasure hunt.
    Good idea, but I'd guess there's little point in taking part unless you're a Bradley Wiggins lookalike poised on a racing bike and checking for site updates every couple of minutes from 5am on a mobile.

There's also a perl Advent Calendar again this year.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Wot's an Amazon locker?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Wot's an Amazon locker?
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Wot's an Amazon locker?
          It's a locker provided by Amazon: Amazon.co.uk Help: Amazon Locker

Comment

First one was grabbed 24 mins after the code and location was revealed on twitter at 2pm. It was some lego bricks: https://twitter.com/Aosher/status/274881981844701184
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

My advent calendar this year

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't want to put Perl in my mouth.

I don't either! Also, no baking is going to be required, and we're certainly not going to make anything in a microwave.

from the 2nd.

these guys need to get out more.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X