• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Midland first Class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Midland first Class

Any experiences?

Going to a conference in a couple of weeks - Train return to London from Wilmslow was around 150 standard, so driving to Crewe for the 5:18am train with London Midland as just 18 quid first class.

Takes an hour extra hence the early start I guess, but how grim is their version of First Class - Eg, so I get any brekkie of any description, or should I take a buttie?

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Any experiences?

Going to a conference in a couple of weeks - Train return to London from Wilmslow was around 150 standard, so driving to Crewe for the 5:18am train with London Midland as just 18 quid first class.

Takes an hour extra hence the early start I guess, but how grim is their version of First Class - Eg, so I get any brekkie of any description, or should I take a buttie?
    I wouldn't expect to get fed on London Midland to be honest. If you want feeding, travel via Virgin Trains.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

We got a telephone in our house (dead posh we are). If you are equally posh, why not phone them up?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You really must be living a sad life if you get excited about breakfast in a first class train.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You get a free cup of tea, JUST ONE MIND.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
            ... but how grim is their version of First Class - Eg, so I get any brekkie of any description, or should I take a buttie?
            Why not take a couple of butties and a thermos flask anyway?

In fact why not drive to a B&B outside London, have a good night's kip and a nice cooked breakfast, then commute in by Tube the next morning?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm fairly sure London Midland's first class is four seats abreast commuter-style first class, whereas Virgin is 3 seats abreast intercity style.

Comment

I found their first class to be not much different to Virgin's standard class. Not even a free drink

Most of all, watch out for how 30+ of their trains per day are getting cancelled because of driver shortages

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  You really must be living a sad life if you get excited about breakfast in a first class train.
                  If it was free booze on the other hand...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

London Midland are just commuter trains really. The first class will just be a pointless little section and the only perk you will get will be a table.

If you are planning to work on the train it might be worth it, but otherwise don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                    X