• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home baking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home baking

After making some rather stunning sausage rolls I thought it only fitting to change my avatar.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I take it you ate all the pies yesterday...

Comment

I'm baking a steak pie at the moment.

Lovingly hand crafted from Tescos.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

On contract with a [edited] at the moment. He gave me this excellent quick tip.

Get your lamb chops/steak etc defrosted 12 hours before cooking time. Get a raw clove of garlic and rub it gently on both sides. Get a stub of ginger and rub it gently on both sides. Get a red hot chille pepper and rub it gently on both sides.
        put in the fridge for 12 hours. Sprinkle with cheese then grill.

yum yum. - brilliant

Last edited by Contractor UK; 26 June 2006, 12:56.
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
          On contract with a Paki at the moment. He gave me this excellent quick tip.

Get your lamb chops/steak etc defrosted 12 hours before cooking time. Get a raw clove of garlic and rub it gently on both sides. Get a stub of ginger and rub it gently on both sides. Get a red hot chille pepper and rub it gently on both sides.
          put in the fridge for 12 hours. Sprinkle with cheese then grill.

yum yum. - brilliant

If you knew anything about cooking, you'd know about the tenderising qualities of Garlic.

What's with the term "Paki" by the way? Do you think he refers to you as "White Trash" to his friends and acquaintances?

Why not refer to "someone at work/current client"?

Comment

What a world of coincidence we live. I made my own sausage rolls on Thursday. Very nice they were too. Hard to imagine what the supermarkets do to get them to be so greasy and tasteless.

Comment

One word...? Don't tell me the Germans actually have a word for 'Mechanically Recovered Meat'
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                One word: mechanically recovered meat...

Errrr, thats three words

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  What's with the term "Paki" by the way? Do you think he refers to you as "White Trash" to his friends and acquaintances?

It was interesting to know that it was a Paki who provided the recipe. If it had been a Yank, he would have smothered the meat in maple syrup.

BTW Why is Paki the equivalent of white trash, rather than Brit?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    If you knew anything about cooking, you'd know about the tenderising qualities of Garlic.

because he is from Pakistan

do me a favour, in future judge me by my standards and not by yours

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X