• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 58 - what the victims are up against

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 58 - what the victims are up against

How one family were brought to their knees by the taxman - Telegraph

Its shows that HMRC are prepared to lie and cheat and fabricate evidence - which is what has happened in section 58.
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 2 December 2012, 11:52. Reason: EDIT - showing evidence

Nope, that doesn't really work for me. This article does not show the same people using an off-shore tax scheme, it shows someone wrongly accused of criminal fraud.

The protest against retrospective taxation I'm completely at one with. People do not have time-machines and HMRC should be better at their jobs to shut illegal tax schemes down. Any one continuing with such schemes should expect to pay their tax back.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Completely off topic and nothing to do with Section 58.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Nope, that doesn't really work for me. This article does not show the same people using an off-shore tax scheme, it show someone wrongly accused of criminal fraud.
        Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Completely off topic and nothing to do with Section 58.
        Its shows that HMRC are prepared to lie and cheat and fabricate evidence - which is what has happened in section 58. However in the case of section 58 they lied to parliament and not just to a few plebs.

There are a few more things that it says in the article which are not relevant to section 58. That the guilty HMRC and liquidators are promoted. Like the presumption of guilt until innocence. But for the purposes of section 58 they can be ignored. I already know we live in a state controlled third world dictatorship that is rapidly going downhill thanks to the failure of joe public to riot in the streets at the loss of their basic freedoms and sit on their lard arses in front of their flat screen TVs watching football and drinks lager. Quite why we fought the second world war is beyond me - we should have joined hitler. This country would probably have more freedom now. But all that is irrelevant for the porpoises of section 58.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          ...thanks to the failure of joe public to riot in the streets at the loss of their basic freedoms...
          Would you care to provide some specific examples of freedoms that the public has lost, and why you feel these warrant rioting in the streets?

Comment

Quite why we fought the second world war is beyond me - we should have joined hitler. This country would probably have more freedom now. But all that is irrelevant for the porpoises of section 58.
            It was because back then people believed the indoctrination from the government and the media, never realising they were lied to

My Gran has often said that had they known how the country would be given away in subsequent years they would never have fought and all her friends who never returned had thrown their lives away for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Would you care to provide some specific examples of freedoms that the public has lost, and why you feel these warrant rioting in the streets?
              Okay. You picked an obscure bit of my argument and twisted it. I will bite. But only because I feel sorry for you. And because I live 100 yards from Kent.

Try protesting against anything and she how much freedom you get.

On a more visible note there are unmarked police cars everywhere. And the inability to protest outside parliament.

Most importantly is MPs that are more out of control than ever. A prime minister office that behaves like an executive office. Their lack of accountability has led to the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Which leads to economic instability.

And most important is an HMRC that are out of control. Act like the SS or Stasi. They went ability to run red lights for covert surveillance.

And why should people riot? Well only a virgin could ask that. Look at Yugoslavia. Until 1989 it was quite a nice civilized country - at least on the surface. My bother went there with the paras in 1991/1992. In just 2 years there was carnage. You want the stories of butchered children? When he came back he was a changed person. This was not like WW2 you know where there were some sort of moral code that you fought against men.

Here children and women were the target. Do you want that to happen here? I would like to keep a veneer of respectibilty upon society.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                My Gran has often said that had they known how the country would be given away in subsequent years they would never have fought and all her friends who never returned had thrown their lives away for nothing.
                +1

And my grandfather (who lost 2 brothers at Gallipoli) always felt the UK caused WW2 anyway. By the treaty of Versailles. It was not Weimar that sent Germany into depression. It was trying to keep up payments.

And who won WW2 anyway? Look where Germany and Japan are now.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  And another one :-

Alps massacre survivors 'kidnapped by social services' - Telegraph

Now the law does say that child should be cared by their family where possible. The SS are happy to ignore the law as they cannot be prosecuted. They are above the law.

In my own case the SS told me they were happy to ignore the law as "it is too difficult to implement". I have that in writing. I have NO recourse. Surely the recourse should to have them put against the wall and shot.

Comment

Okay. You picked an obscure bit of my argument and twisted it. I will bite. But only because I feel sorry for you. And because I live 100 yards from Kent.
                    Well actually I don't live in Kent. So I feel sorry for you living 100 yards from it

Try protesting against anything and she how much freedom you get.
                    I don't know, there have been several high profile demonstrations by the students and the public sector workers in recent months. They seem to have been able to get their point across in the media (albeit the left-wing BBC).

On a more visible note there are unmarked police cars everywhere. And the inability to protest outside parliament.
                    Every time I have been pulled over by the police in recent years has been by a marked police car. So there can't be all that many unmarked cars around.
                    I slightly agree about the parliament thing. Though perhaps it has something to do with not wanting a repeat to the red paint vandalism done to Churchill's statue 10 years ago during a protest. There are a lot of statues in Parliament Square.

Most importantly is MPs that are more out of control than ever.
                    What, for nicking a few dodgy expenses? Hardly the end of the world is it, compared to the national debt.

And most important is an HMRC that are out of control. Act like the SS or Stasi. They went ability to run red lights for covert surveillance.
                    I think if HMRC want to do you for tax evasion I don't think an inability to run red lights or drive within the speed limit is going to stop them.

And why should people riot? Well only a virgin could ask that. Look at Yugoslavia. Until 1989 it was quite a nice civilized country - at least on the surface. My bother went there with the paras in 1991/1992. In just 2 years there was carnage. You want the stories of butchered children? When he came back he was a changed person. This was not like WW2 you know where there were some sort of moral code that you fought against men.

Here children and women were the target. Do you want that to happen here? I would like to keep a veneer of respectibilty upon society.
                    Is there any evidence that government corruption in the UK is going to lead to butchered children here?
                    I don't think so. If anything the excessive political correctness endemic in society will serve to protect children against harm, to an excessive extent. Any hint of physical danger to a child in the UK inevitably results in a response to protect the child from that, even to the extent of putting them into care. Which is a point you raise in your later post.

Comment

Working...
                    X