• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Poll

Do you believe in ghosts?
    Yes
    25.71%
    No
    57.14%
    AndyW haunts my dreams
    17.14%
    Me, me, me...

I quite like spirits!!! Make mine a double!!!

Comment

I'll probably be pilloried for this, but I never used to, but having seen some very strange, and not easily explained things here, I am starting to think differently. I was always of the thought people were a bit touched to think spirits existed.

One thing that happened to me 8 years ago always makes me shiver.

My best friends Dad died some years ago. When his first son was old ebnough, we went to the graveyard alltogether, and as my friend was explaining his dad lifes to the lad, who he was, where he came from etc, the kid said to him, "why are all these people looking at us". I am not afraid to say I fair shat myself.

Certain things that have happened since have swayed me into the other camp.

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
        I quite like spirits!!! Make mine a double!!!
        WMFS
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Apparently 33% of people believe they have a guardian angel.

Mrs BP has "seen" 2 ghosts since I met her. Once at Kelvedon Nuclear bunker. And a dog at the crab and winkle in Whitstable. The first I could have missed. The second I would have seen - so I know she must have imagined it. Which probably explains the first.

I do love most haunted though! Even if it was mostly entertainment.

Chislehurst caves is supposed to be haunted. 2 guys stayed their overnight once. 1 came out injured. Now staying overnight banned. Its a good way of increasing tourist trade. I would happily stay overnight - God will protect me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            Certain things that have happened since have swayed me into the other camp.
            I am not sure I want to hear any more!

Comment

Belief in anything supernatural without evidence, i.e God, Ghosts, Fairies or a Lib Dem seat after the next election, is delusional and a very stark indicator of below average intelligence, ignorance and/or inadequate education.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
                Belief in anything supernatural without evidence, i.e God, Ghosts, Fairies or a Lib Dem seat after the next election, is delusional and a very stark indicator of below average intelligence, ignorance and/or inadequate education.
                Yeah, but God and Santa are real though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
                  Sas what's wrong with your main account?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I am not sure I want to hear any more!
                    We live in an old converted barn. The kids, every single one of them, have seen things, one refuses to sleep in one room as 'things move' and my wife and I will be sat down, and will both, without prompt, look at the same place in the lounge or dining room (large open plan area), look at each other and nervously laugh. We thought it could be a trick of the light, so we tried several different things, but all through the night, we'll see shadows moving. We've got used to it now, as whatever it is, doesn't seem malevolent, but it's happened all through the 3 years here, and the youngest, now 18 months, will point at the ceiling and 'speak' to things she can see when we change her.

Nope, a large sceptic until the grave yard incident 8 odd years ago and now from our own experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X