• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One shot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One shot

"A guy who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down"

Isn't that a bit dangerous?

That's the point... show's the kind of manly man you are
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That's the point... show's the kind of manly man you are
      By actually hurting yourself?

I heard a story of a crim who retired to the Costas. Walked into some bar reputed to be full of other crims and cut his own hand open to show how hard he was. I always assumed that was apocryphal - to me it just makes him look like a kn0b. What have I missed?

Comment

Isn't it like opening a beer bottle with your teeth, crushing a can on your forehead, etc? Probably some of the ex-forces types can explain better why it's important to prove you're a proper man in front of other men.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

TO an Italian, a cold espresso is anathema; it tastes bad cold, so most will chug an espresso down, it's why you have these little pavement shops where you literally get a shot, do one, and then bog off. It's not about being manly, it really is for taste purposes, as the oil gets into the flavour or something if you let it cool. Even women shoot espressos in Italy.

Watch a Ferrari press conference and you'll see them all at it.

There was a coffee shop in Rome which served a double espresso in a cup lined with choclate called non beva da solo - Don't drink alone. Perfect for the city.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Probably some of the ex-forces types can explain better why it's important to prove you're a proper man in front of other men.
              The ex-forces types don't NEED to prove they are proper men.
              Certainly not to those with a raft of imaginary friends.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                TO an Italian, a cold espresso is anathema; it tastes bad cold, so most will chug an espresso down, it's why you have these little pavement shops where you literally get a shot, do one, and then bog off. It's not about being manly, it really is for taste purposes, as the oil gets into the flavour or something if you let it cool. Even women shoot espressos in Italy.

Watch a Ferrari press conference and you'll see them all at it.

There was a coffee shop in Rome which served a double espresso in a cup lined with choclate called non beva da solo - Don't drink alone. Perfect for the city.
                Ahhh. So one is proving one is Italian. Can one not do that by waving a white battle flag and pinching a few women on the 4rse?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Ahhh. So one is proving one is Italian. Can one not do that by waving a white battle flag and pinching a few women on the 4rse?
                  Nah, they do that by climbing into their cars after shooting an espresso, and reversing up the street.

Seriously though, I think it is something about the oils ruining the taste by going cold and making the coffee over bitter. I drink it as fast as I can, but haven't got to the asbestos lining in my throat stage just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    think you are getting them confused with the french

Comment

Working...
                    X