• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The English Lions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The English Lions

England win the grand slam and Lions selectors pick the England squad "en block" to tour Australia - Wales to supply the bag man and the Scots to supply the bus driver. < placeholder >
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I thought the England Lions were over in India playing Cricket

Comment

Only need to find another eleven for the first XV
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It would have been more impressive if the All Blacks were fully fit, of course. England played well because the were allowed to. It doesn't make them a good side.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Have the Lions won a series in the last 20 odd years?

Comment

Not like the English to be smug about and go overboard is it?

I think we could have predicted that England would now think, after one game, that they've got the best team known to man. No surprise there.

Of course, if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had beaten NZ then we'd have had the exact same media coverage afterwards wouldn't we? Yeah right. I still remember the day of the World Cup semi-final (Wales were in it, England were already out). Two pages of England's rugby problems and one column for Wales' upcoming match.

And of course, I expect we'll still be hearing about this one for years to come. Like the 1966 world cup.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Not like the English to be smug about and go overboard is it?

I think we could have predicted that England would now think, after one game, that they've got the best team known to man. No surprise there.

Of course, if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had beaten NZ then we'd have had the exact same media coverage afterwards wouldn't we? Yeah right. I still remember the day of the World Cup semi-final (Wales were in it, England were already out). Two pages of England's rugby problems and one column for Wales' upcoming match.

And of course, I expect we'll still be hearing about this one for years to come. Like the 1966 world cup.
              Oh dear, I can hear the bleating from here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Oh dear, I can hear the bleating from here
                Well serves you right for setting up your home office in the sheep-shearing shed!!

Is this one of those redoubtable English Lions then DA?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Bah bah bah
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well serves you right for setting up your home office in the sheep-shearing shed!!

Is this one of those redoubtable English Lions then DA?

Turkeys; far easier to catch.

I crossed the neighbours field the a while back and the ram took me out, knocked me on my ass and carried on butting me. The wife found it very funny. I didn't. On seeing the neighbour a few days later, I asked him why he'd not told me there was a ram in there, tupping. He said a grown man should have been able to tell. I told him I hadn't been living in Somerset long enough to go around staring at Sheeps testicles.

It actually bloody hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X