• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good News and Bad News...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News and Bad News...

Went for my six month ICD/Defibrillator check, all ok, it's not needed to do anything so all seems ok cardio-wise.

Good News - I am allowed to drive! Good news for me!

Bad News - I am allowed to drive! Bad News for everyone else, inc other road users, pedestrians, dogs, cats and people walking across the street with a sheet of plate glass or carrying cardboard boxes....

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Went for my six month ICD/Defibrillator check, all ok, it's not needed to do anything so all seems ok cardio-wise.

Good News - I am allowed to drive! Good news for me! ...
      God, these cars are getting more and more complicated. No doubt next year my garage will be telling me my Jag needs a new ICD/defibrillator, at vast expense.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        God, these cars are getting more and more complicated. No doubt next year my garage will be telling me my Jag needs a new ICD/defibrillator, at vast expense.
        Well, perhaps I should have said that any personal fitment of said doodah means no driving for six months....

Time to don the driving gloves, flat cap and fire up the old Rover 2000TC, bought it off Mrs Walker, The Rover's Return Inn, 1976....

Comment

Can I ask what you have stek - semi-professional interest as medical software is my plan B? What does it do exactly?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Can I ask what you have stek - semi-professional interest as medical software is my plan B? What does it do exactly?
            0-60 in 14 seconds and 110mph top speed.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Plenty of loonies on the road who should not be allowed to drive. You will fit right in.

Try having a few drinks to steady your nerves first.

Comment

Medically Arrhythmia - just one 'event', the local hossie (Leeds) being very cardio-centric look after me very, very well, and fitted one of the these;

Pacemaker/ICD | Interventional Cardiology Group

Mine is a three wire, pacemakes for the arrhythmia - ie keeps my venticles working together, not sure if thats ongoing or does when needed, no-one seemed to know at LGI today, and defibrillates if the arrhythmia causes spasm, as it did six months ago - it will shock me, reboot me heart and hurt like hell!

As I only had the one episode, I think I will be ok as long as look after myself, which I am doing, but it sometimes is hard at bedtime if you feel a 'flutter' and wonder if the next one is the big kick.....

They connect to the device by wireless, well scary, and can control my heart rate with it, obviously only from the machine next to me but!! From there they can look at voltage, p-waves etc, clever stuff...

It's been a very stressful six months, living with this gadget, but I am thankful for it and the staff and Leeds General infirmary, who are wonderful (forget Jimmy Savile) and while I don't think my event was life threatening, I am protected for any future events that's might be.

PM me if you want more info - have pics and stuff!

Comment

A Rover 2000TC, as he said. Don't know if it's diarrhoea brown like this one though.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                    X