• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking addtional Questions before sending out contract - help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency asking addtional Questions before sending out contract - help?

Not been asked this information by agency before, can anyone advise, is this now standard practice and how should I respond

As you are making use of your own Limited Company, please confirm:
    1. Are you sole director/part director with controlling influence in the company? **Please advise**
    2. Do you have control over financial accounts? **Please advise**
    3. 3. Who are your external advisers (if any)? **Please advise**
    4. You are genuinely in business on your own account, and this assignment is outside the scope of the Agency Workers Regulations **Please advise**

Cheers

Come on fella, seriously? If you can't answer these questions you shouldn't be running a LTD and need to go Umbrella.

EDIT. Sorry that wasn't very helpful was it. The answers you want are yes and no. HTH
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 December 2012, 14:06.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The answers you want are yes and no. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by thelurker View Post
        Not been asked this information by agency before, can anyone advise, is this now standard practice and how should I respond

As you are making use of your own Limited Company, please confirm:
        1. Are you sole director/part director with controlling influence in the company? **Please advise**
        How on God's green earth do you think we can know the answer to this question?!?
        2. Do you have control over financial accounts? **Please advise**
        See my answer above
        3. 3. Who are your external advisers (if any)? **Please advise**
        Can you guess what I'm gonna say here
        4. You are genuinely in business on your own account, and this assignment is outside the scope of the Agency Workers Regulations **Please advise**
        No it's all a sham to avoid tax

Cheers
        It's a pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          Can you guess what I'm gonna say here
          A bunch of not rights who DGAS on a free public Contracting board call CUK?

Comment

I must admit on first reading the question I thought the OP was asking fir advice on how to respond i.e. telling the agency to do one as it's none of their business, not asking for actual answers.

Comment

Is question 4 a trick? Hoping you'll answer "yes" to saying you're in business on your own account, and not realise that they're asking you to opt-out of AWR at the same time?

Alternatively, if you answer "no", as you don't want to Opt Out, are you then saying that you're NOT in business on your own account?

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
                I must admit on first reading the question I thought the OP was asking fir advice on how to respond i.e. telling the agency to do one as it's none of their business, not asking for actual answers.
                Yes, it was this, not looking for actual answers.

Not been asked this by agencies previously so wondered if I should respond at all or has anyone been asked something similar.

Thanks

**Edit** I had asked the agency not to opt out me out of AWR regs, so wondering if the questions relate to this??

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Is question 4 a trick? Hoping you'll answer "yes" to saying you're in business on your own account, and not realise that they're asking you to opt-out of AWR at the same time?

Alternatively, if you answer "no", as you don't want to Opt Out, are you then saying that you're NOT in business on your own account?
                  Errm, opting out of the AWR is not an option, the only option you may have is to opt out of the ACR and by the sounds of it that option is probably sub-optimal...

HTH
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

Well it's caught you. There is no opt out for AWR. The Opt out/in you are probably thinking of is the Conduct of Employemnt. Have a look at the thread at the top of this forum.

There is the following comment on the PCG website..

Agency Workers Regulations | PCG

Freelancers who are genuinely in business on their own account are out of scope of the Agency Workers Regulations, and this means that most limited company contractors will also be out of scope.
                    but there is a lot of discussion about it which I don't quite understand but I do know it applies or doesn't. There is no opt in/out

Comment

Working...
                    X