• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

98% of Union Jacks are upside down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALMOST every Union Jack flag in the UK is currently flying upside down, it has emerged.

The Institute for Studies found that 98% of British flags are the wrong way up, including the one at Buckingham Palace
    Where's Gentile when we need her

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

If you read the full article it says the survey was conducted by Australians, and as we know, they are upside down mostly.

Comment

I only discovered there was a correct way a few months ago. My current clientco is a supermarket (not just any supermarket) and they did a range of British products for the summer, a customer complained that the union Jack was upside down. They had to redesign all the packaging at an enormous cost.

Comment

Union Flags!

Get it right!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Union Flags!

Get it right!
          I'm glad someone pointed that out.

I quite like the fact there is a right and wrong way. I seem to recall being told that flying it the wrong way was intended as a covert sign of distress in colonial times. Given the ignorance of the general populace, I don't think this would be much help these days.

Comment

Union Flags!

Get it right!
            Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            I'm glad someone pointed that out.

I quite like the fact there is a right and wrong way. I seem to recall being told that flying it the wrong way was intended as a covert sign of distress in colonial times. Given the ignorance of the general populace, I don't think this would be much help these days.

Both Union Flag and Union Jack are acceptable terms. The outcry over using "Union Jack" in general speech is a modern, invented, phenomenon which is now perpetuated by people who think they're being clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              Both Union Flag and Union Jack are acceptable terms. The outcry over using "Union Jack" in general speech is a modern, invented, phenomenon which is now perpetuated by people who think they're being clever.
              No, I'm being pedantic, for fun.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I still find it hard to believe so few people can tell if the flag is upsidedown or not. What I find even more staggering is that most of those that can't tell aren't bothered either. It's a poor show when people can't be bothered to do anything about a flag being upsidedown. There would be uproar in most other countries if they did this and the comment that it is difficult to tell if it's right way up or not is utter tosh.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is'nt that so Australians can be easily reminded of who they owe their existence to?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

No, I'm being pedantic, for fun.
                    If you were being pedantic then surely you wouldn't have said it, as what you said is wrong. Sorry to be pedantic

Comment

Working...
                    X