• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NoSQL database

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoSQL database

Sum bozo was on 'bout this today. What's the crack with NoSQL databases; google and others use 'em? Do I need to worry?

(if there is a solution to the problem don't worry - if there's no solution to the problem don't worry)

Yours in peace.

Last edited by oscarose; 3 December 2012, 19:15. Reason: error
    one day at a time

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Sum bozo was on 'bout this today. What's the crack with NoSQL databases; google and others use 'em? Do I need to worry?

(if there is a solution to the problem don't worry - if there's no solution to the problem don't worry)

Yours in peace.

Why do you need to worry. Its another tool which can be used for particular tasks which has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why do you need to worry. Its another tool which can be used for particular tasks which has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
      Having to put some effort in and learn new stuff.

one day at a time

Comment

NoSQL database

They'll do it wrong. The thing to ask them is why do they want to do it and then why at least three more times.

At its crudest No SQL is really just glorified key values and unless you have those keys set up correctly the data is worse than useless. Well not quite but it's work to get it out

Comment

Having to put some effort in and learn new stuff.

Most of these tools are quite easy for any half competent developer. Its great if you get in first then can add another £100 a day for these skills.

Comment

TekPub - RavenDb videos...go watch.

Comment

You need to hire an experienced contractor who knows what he/she is doing.

Unfortunately, I'm just about to start a new gig. next week.

Give me a call in the Spring.

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                You need to hire an experienced contractor who knows what he/she is doing.

Unfortunately, I'm just about to start a new gig. next week.

Give me a call in the Spring.

I'm possible available January. i'm not however planning for a commute much further than bedroom to my office in the spare bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  They'll do it wrong. The thing to ask them is why do they want to do it and then why at least three more times.

At its crudest No SQL is really just glorified key values and unless you have those keys set up correctly the data is worse than useless. Well not quite but it's work to get it out
                  Some of us were quite good at that stuff back in the day.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Perhaps CUK General is not the best place to ask this question. I wonder if the internet might hold any information Or even CUK Technical!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X