• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MPS Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPS Security Clearance

Hi, Ive just been rejected for Met Police SC Clearance. The reason for the rejection is an IN10 (Driving without insurance) on my licence.

I have SC Clearance with another agency and have disclosed the above information. I have also worked for the MPS and obtained SC clearance in the past. I do understand that is an offence, but i'm hardly a security threat..

Can someone advise please

Originally posted by rob oley View Post
    Hi, Ive just been rejected for Met Police SC Clearance. The reason for the rejection is an IN10 (Driving without insurance) on my licence.

I have SC Clearance with another agency and have disclosed the above information. I have also worked for the MPS and obtained SC clearance in the past. I do understand that is an offence, but i'm hardly a security threat..

Can someone advise please
    Pay your car insurance. End of.

Comment

That £500 bit of paper isn't looking as expensive now as it did at the time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by rob oley View Post
        The police apply their own rules to SC. What is fine for others is often not enough for them.

I'd start looking for another job because there is no way they'll change their mind.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Unlike the ministries, the police are not tolerant of people with criminal convictions, even what may be thought of as a minor one. Can't imagine why...

But yes, sadly you can forget it, it's not going to happen.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To OP, it's unusual that you've been told why you failed the Met clearance. These days a criminal record isn't a bar to getting a job as a police officer.

Comment

My advice is to apply for another job, you did not get this one.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Unlike the ministries, the police are not tolerant of people with criminal convictions, ...
                I'd imagine some "MI"nistries (if you get my drift) are actually quite willing to hire or, up to a point, use people with certain kinds of criminal convictions, if these either show a certain boldness or skill (e.g. safecracking or hacking) or are discreditable enough (such as kiddie fiddling) to give them a hold over the hiree.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Police security and SC Clearance are two entirely seperate things. Having one does not mean you have the other. SC want to know if you are threat to national security or can be trusted with confidential information. Where driving without insurance is a moronic thing to do it doesn't mean you will sell secrets to the Russians. If, however, you have access to classified information that might include your criminal/driving history and you have found to have no respect for the law you might be tempted to change the information to make you look better.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Pay your car insurance. End of.
                    Word.

Comment

Working...
                    X