• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch "Scum Villages" to house undesirables

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch "Scum Villages" to house undesirables

"Scum villages": Amsterdam to exile lawbreakers to prison camps

Sounds like a good idea!, although there's probably quite a lot of towns/viallges up and down the country that fit this description already Dewsbury for starters!

I don't agree with it. But then if I lived close to a chav then I would.

Comment

Isn't that what Liverpool is for?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Concentration camps all over again. Feck me do people never learn?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          do people never learn?
          No.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Concentration camps all over again. Feck me do people never learn?
            Not really. It's akin to giving them 6 months prison for being ASBO's and then rewarding them with a 5 room house with south facing garden if they do well.

It's not as though they're trucking them there, using them as forced labour, removing all of their valuables, starving them and finally gassing them is it.

Does this qualify for the fastest ever Godwins law entry?

It's got to be close...

Comment

or you can look at it as a way to channel those that do not wish to behave in society into a group so they can be helped.

Dedicated police that know everyone, Dedicated social workers, education targeted at all to stop the passing on of fecklessness.

At the very least a number of honest residents in run down estates will be very relieved.

the Nazi comparison falls down because the classification is due to actions performed not race (yes I know the criminals were sent to concentration camps as well but it was very few) and the end result is not death.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

Sounds like a good idea!, although there's probably quite a lot of towns/viallges up and down the country that fit this description already Dewsbury for starters!
                If you believe everything on Chavtowns - Britain's worst places to live! we've had those for years.

(Some of the articles at that site are pretty funny, although doubtless exaggerated.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

NIMBY
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                  X