• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBay when do YOU leave seller feedback?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay when do YOU leave seller feedback?

It's ages since I last used eBay to sell and I've heard a few horror stories recently where buyers file bogus claims in an attempt to blackmail a seller into giving a price reduction after the item has been posted and received.

So it seems that a buyer has 45 days to file a claim. A seller has 60 days to post feedback. I've just sold an old iPod for a surprisingly high price and the buyer is already pestering me for feedback, one day after the sale. I'm temped to wait until after 45 days but before 60 to leave my feedback.

If you sell on eBay, what do you do?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    It's ages since I last used eBay to sell and I've heard a few horror stories recently where buyers file bogus claims in an attempt to blackmail a seller into giving a price reduction after the item has been posted and received.

So it seems that a buyer has 45 days to file a claim. A seller has 60 days to post feedback. I've just sold an old iPod for a surprisingly high price and the buyer is already pestering me for feedback, one day after the sale. I'm temped to wait until after 45 days but before 60 to leave my feedback.

Tell them to leave feedback first.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

If you were in a sword fight, would you hand your opponent your sword or throw it away?

Comment

I tend to save my feedback up and do it every couple of weeks or whenever I remember. Getting a reminder is OKish even if it might seem like it's a little verging on bad manners but I don't let it stop me from leaving feedback when it's convenient for me rather than them.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I don't know - Ebay permanently "suspended" my account for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            I don't know - Ebay permanently "suspended" my account for some reason.
            Did you post a load of tulip on their forums by any chance ??

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Did you post a load of tulip on their forums by any chance ??

Nope - he posted a load of sh!t to the buyers.

Comment

Sellers cant leave neg feedback now, if they paid and the transaction went well then leave feedback

Comment

the buyer is already pestering me for feedback, one day after the sale
                  That is jolly rum. Maybe ask why they want feedback so quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Sellers cant leave neg feedback now, if they paid and the transaction went well then leave feedback
                    Good Lord, I am out of date!
                    Feedback frequently asked questions

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X