• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here's on twitter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here's on twitter?

Do you still bother with it or is it just noise like facebook status updates.

Check it every now and then as a couple of local businesses use it to post their daily specials, etc. Have made a grand total of 5 tweets I think.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

For me twitter is very useful, I use it to keep up with what's happening. The search is great for finding the latest info on something, without having to wait for a reported to get there if at all.

Comment

So you follow organisations rather than people? Or do you just search hashtags on whatever takes your fancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          So you follow organisations rather than people? Or do you just search hashtags on whatever takes your fancy?
          I follow a handful of friends and a couple of celebrities otherwise yes.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Me, but I don't use it. As you say Pondy, bad enough with some serial Facebookers itemising their every bowel movements. However others seem to find it useful.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I follow a couple of F1, cricket and Rugby Journos, and I think that's it.

There's way too much bilge out there though. It's an absolute hunting ground for trolls.

Comment

Me, but I tend to use it more as a dissemination of information, I don't care if people listen (or read), somethings I just need to say. I do follow a handful of people, but keep this limited to 50 as any more and then you just get drowned out in waffle
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Don't see the point so never bothered
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

I tend to use it for various football stuff, local news but also techie stuff. I see quite a lot of tweets for techie stuff in the area I work in which I wouldn't see anywhere else without searching hard and some of them have been of real help. I actually only opened a Facebook account because a product I support had their developers page originally there which was also quite helpful. Now I use it to search for lonely zoophiliacs and Danny La Rue impersonators in the area where I might be staying...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X